DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return home problem

I was right on the edge of the 5 mile distance from a dirt airport so I thought that might be the problem. I went further away from the airport but nothing changed. It is still yellow. It tells me that home point has been recorded twice.
A few weeks after you last posted above, I had a flight where the "H" icon was yellow too. I was definitely not flying in a restricted flight zone at the time. I checked the flight log and found the home point was recorded (per the usual) and no other errors were logged. I can only assume there might be a glitch in DJI GO or it's a new undocumented as-designed change.

The return to home does not work.

I was in a fly zone when I first tested my Mavic Mini.
The return to home button was pushed until a signal sounded... but instead of returning home it said: Landing!
This happened over and over again.

1. Using the latest firmware updates as per Nov 16, 2019.
  2. I had a dozen satellites in the screen
  3. It confirmed the return to home point set before taking off
  4. I was in a safe fly zone
  5. RTH altitude set to 50m
  6. Arrow in map green
The return to home button in the screen did not work either - same result: 'Landing'

Any help appreciated.

Robert

The return to home does not work.

I was in a fly zone when I first tested my Mavic Mini.
The return to home button was pushed until a signal sounded... but instead of returning home it said: Landing!
This happened over and over again.

1. Using the latest firmware updates as per Nov 16, 2019.
  2. I had a dozen satellites in the screen
  3. It confirmed the return to home point set before taking off
  4. I was in a safe fly zone
  5. RTH altitude set to 50m
  6. Arrow in map green
The return to home button in the screen did not work either - same result: 'Landing'

Any help appreciated.

Robert

Robert, were you within 20m (~65 feet) of the home point ?
If so, the mini will land !

(Page 14 of the manual)

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_en.pdf

Edit - Noticed this is a Mavic Pro thread, others should be careful of mini info as the MP is different in its RTH function (possibly Air is different too, always consult your manual for this info).

Reactions: tomthetomcat
Robert, were you within 20m (~65 feet) of the home point ?
If so, the mini will land !

(Page 14 of the manual)

https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/Mavic_Mini/Mavic_Mini_User_Manual_v1.0_en.pdf

Edit - Noticed this is a Mavic Pro thread, others should be careful of mini info as the MP is different in its RTH function (possibly Air is different too, always consult your manual for this info).

Thanks for your reply! This item should move to another thread then. I cannot confirm the exact distance, but funny it just says landing though.

Thanks for your reply! This item should move to another thread then. I cannot confirm the exact distance, but funny it just says landing though.

No worries, will probably get left here, not sure the mods could find the right mini thread to place it.
I was surprised when I read that, 20m / 65' is quite a long distance for this to happen, I suppose if you get caught out with it landing somewhere 'awkward', you can just hit pause and cancel RTH and manually land in a better place..

I also said distance for RTH to land was short and was beat up by forum members, even after stressing it was my opinion. Granted I thought it was 200' at the time.
But I wanted to test MM RTH in a field, where 65' was quite a ways down the field.

Reactions: MAvic_South_Oz
I also said distance for RTH to land was short and was beat up by forum members, even after stressing it was my opinion. Granted I thought it was 200' at the time.
But I wanted to test MM RTH in a field, where 65' was quite a ways down the field.

Yes, I'd have thought if it was within say 10m, at least you can see the landing area a bit better.
I suppose it you have RTH alt set to 30m (~100') for example, and flying in an open area, having it rise up closer than 20m, or whatever, IS a bit of a waste of time / battery doing that process, but then most pilots would just fly home if their bird is in sight.

I don't use RTH much, would think it's just a way to cover very long distances (probably out of VLOS) to take a break from the sticks . . . just watch it come back on the monitor, keeping a close eye out for an problems of course.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kclarke2929