DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return to Home BEEP BEEP BEEP

This thread is not about the Phantom. It's about the Mavic. I've read the Mavic manual several times. There are 3 types of RTH mentioned in the manual (pg.13): smart RTH, Failsafe RTH, and Low Battery RTH. The one that is initiated my the user is smart RTH. There is no mention in the manual that this is for emergencies only. It's a feature as is the precision landing. Just because it is automation doesn't mean it's for emergencies. Just like waypoints in Litchi is automated flight to the extreme... nothing to do with emergencies.

Anyway, this thread doesn't need to be hijacked any further. It's really just about the annoying beeping.

Reactions: Danny-B-
But the thing is that if DJI intended it as a regular feature this discussion wouldn't be happening as it wouldn't make those continuous beeps.

Reactions: The Editor
Well, whatever, it's nerve wrecking so i want to be able switch it off, its REALLY simple in my book :p

Ender

Reactions: stealle
Has anyone reported whether a teardown followed by plugging the hole of the beeper case itself (not exterior vent holes) will substantially reduce the volume? I'm not going to remove the beeper, but I'd be happy to muzzle it.

I haven't even received my Mavic yet and I find the beeping extremely annoying.DJI please give us an option to turn it off or turn it down.

Reactions: Andrew F
But the thing is that if DJI intended it as a regular feature this discussion wouldn't be happening as it wouldn't make those continuous beeps.
I disagree. It's like a truck backing up. The beeping is purposeful. You don't want drones flying on their own without constant reminders. It's just the volume that's the problem.

Yeah, I had to RTH from a decent distance the other day due to sun blocking my view. I stood in the park with this loud beeping getting all the looks from people lol. Once I could see it again, I just disabled the RTH and landed manually to shut it up lol

I totally disagree that RTH is for emergency only considering the fact it now takes photos of gone point and if you turn it on the RTH uses this new accurate landing feature . As far as I know the only way to use the new accurate landing feature is to use RTH . And I bet a lot of people who think you shouldn't use RTH catch the drone rather than land

Sent from my SM-G935F using MavicPilots mobile app

Reactions: dewster
As you can see in the thread... controller, and it's a pretty involved operation to mod it.

Personally I like the beep beep beep noise, it makes everyone look at you like you're about to blow something up

The beeping is there to warn experienced pilots that there's a newb nearby. J/K

I've never used RTH because I like to be in control and always know where my drone is. However, i have heard the beeping for a low battery which was extremely annoying. A volume control setting would be appreciated. Of course, i set that threshold to a lower number as per my flying style (i generally don't need 30% battery to fly back home).

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I think DJI should distinguish between normal flight and an emergency.

I case of a emergency, no issue to beep, but in normal flight give the pilot the ability to turn the volume down. Also when taking photos, the shutter volume...

Or give the pilot more comtrolability of config when you reach certain hours:)...

Rgs
Scalci

Reactions: ZALEXANDERK
Has anyone reported whether a teardown followed by plugging the hole of the beeper case itself (not exterior vent holes) will substantially reduce the volume? I'm not going to remove the beeper, but I'd be happy to muzzle it.
Heres a solution for you DYIs to silence and control volume on the controller beeper.
1492849720085.jpg

I remember seeing a mod on YT where the chap took the controller apart step-by-step, removed the transducer and instead of the beep, wired in a little red LED mounted on the front. No to beeps, yes to flashy things... If you can't find it, let me know and I'll search my YT history.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60