DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return to Home BEEP BEEP BEEP

Definately no joke, I tested when this was in Beta and it works great, no more stupid beeping nose. Dont know when its going to be released thought, hopefully shortly.

Reactions: amalia saputro
Looks like you run the application, then connect the RC and turn it on, the gotcha here is that you need the RC firmware version that the application specifies is current in the RC, I have the firmware files from github but this utility doesn't like it and will not parse it.

All right, here’s a step by step on how to use it:
  1. Start the tool
  2. Connect a powered-off RC to your PC
  3. Turn it on and wait at least 15 seconds (the pc should make some “USB connected” sounds)
  4. Press the ‘Connect’ button, the tool should find the correct serial port and detect the RC’s firmware version.
  5. Use DankDroneDownloader (cs2000/DankDroneDownloader), select the Mavic Pro, select “RC only” and download the exact same RC firmware version as is currently on the RC. Please note the ‘Donate’ button on the lower left, it helps funding the hosting of the images.
  6. Open that firmware version in the tool. There should be only green check marks visible now.
  7. Select which version to flash, the original or the patched.
  8. Press the ‘Flash’ button. Should flashing fail or get interrupted, just press it again. It’s not possible to brick it this way. Even when in upgrade mode (blank screen but backlight enabled), the RC still functions properly and can be re-flashed to repair it again.

Reactions: lenabanana
Hot needle in the back of remote works great and easy.

The software solution listed previously would probably be the best fix, but there are two other options that do not require any hacks:
  1. After confirming that it is indeed returning, cancel RTH and fly manually with right stick forward (in Mode 2) while continuing to monitor a decreasing distance.
  2. Turn off the RC and turn it back on when the Mavic gets close (you can hear it). I have done this to test RTH but would rather use option 1 as I count more on my flying capabilities than software/firmware.

Looks like you run the application, then connect the RC and turn it on, the gotcha here is that you need the RC firmware version that the application specifies is current in the RC, I have the firmware files from github but this utility doesn't like it and will not parse it.

Does it explain what it doesn’t like about them ? The firmware files are actually .tar files and for some reason it doesn’t like some variants of .tar files... It might work if you unpack & pack the file. Or use DankDroneDownloader.

There are 2 version that can’t be patched 01.04.0000 and 01.04.0100 because the firmware that needs patching wasn’t included in those versions.

Does it explain what it doesn’t like about them ? The firmware files are actually .tar files and for some reason it doesn’t like some variants of .tar files... It might work if you unpack & pack the file. Or use DankDroneDownloader.

There are 2 version that can’t be patched 01.04.0000 and 01.04.0100 because the firmware that needs patching wasn’t included in those versions.
So if I am understanding correctly, unless I donate - my startup and shutdown sounds will say "shareware"?
If I donate, will I have to donate again every time there is a firmware update and I need to flash the firmware again?
Capture.JPG

All right, here’s a step by step on how to use it:
  1. Start the tool
  2. Connect a powered-off RC to your PC
  3. Turn it on and wait at least 15 seconds (the pc should make some “USB connected” sounds)
  4. Press the ‘Connect’ button, the tool should find the correct serial port and detect the RC’s firmware version.
  5. Use DankDroneDownloader (cs2000/DankDroneDownloader), select the Mavic Pro, select “RC only” and download the exact same RC firmware version as is currently on the RC. Please note the ‘Donate’ button on the lower left, it helps funding the hosting of the images.
  6. Open that firmware version in the tool. There should be only green check marks visible now.
  7. Select which version to flash, the original or the patched.
  8. Press the ‘Flash’ button. Should flashing fail or get interrupted, just press it again. It’s not possible to brick it this way. Even when in upgrade mode (blank screen but backlight enabled), the RC still functions properly and can be re-flashed to repair it again.
Thats it..

I ended up using the dankdronedownloader and the files were read ok, however I'm not donating to get the word SHAREWARE off my RC and possibly mess up the RC, it looked pretty good though.

So if I am understanding correctly, unless I donate - my startup and shutdown sounds will say "shareware"?
If I donate, will I have to donate again every time there is a firmware update and I need to flash the firmware again?
View attachment 40893

Yes, but only the startup will say "SHAREWARE" and the startup/shutdown sounds will become a bit longer. It's always possible to re-flash the original firmware.

No, donating is tied to the RC, not to the firmware version. Once you donate, that RC can be flashed over and over again. After you donate, you'll have to flash the RC again to make it completely silent and restore the "CONNECTING" at startup. It's possible that an upgrade/downgrade of the RC overwrites the patch. In that case you can use SilencioRC to restore the patch again.

Firmware releases for the RC (and for the drone itself) consists of different components. For the microcontroller that gets patched, only 2 versions exist (since 01.03.0200): up until 01.03.0900 was one version, from 01.03.1000 until current uses the second version. It doesn't change that often. If a new firmware release comes out we'll do our utmost best to get that patched as well but I can't make promises that we'll always succeed... It does work for all versions released so far.

Last edited:
Yes, but only the startup will say "SHAREWARE" and the startup/shutdown sounds will become a bit longer. It's always possible to re-flash the original firmware.

No, donating is tied to the RC, not to the firmware version. Once you donate, that RC can be flashed over and over again. After you donate, you'll have to flash the RC again to make it completely silent and restore the "CONNECTING" at startup. It's possible that an upgrade/downgrade of the RC overwrites the patch. In that case you can use SilencioRC to restore the patch again.

Firmware releases for the RC (and for the drone itself) consists of different components. For the microcontroller that gets patched, only 2 versions exist (since 01.03.0200): up until 01.03.0900 was one version, from 01.03.1000 until current uses the second version. It doesn't change that often. If a new firmware release comes out we'll do our utmost best to get that patched as well but I can't make promises that we'll always succeed... It does work for all versions released so far.
What more feature after we donate it? It can change over and over,,, and we can change the shareware to own word?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Glenn-S