DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return to Home BEEP BEEP BEEP

Yes, but only the startup will say "SHAREWARE" and the startup/shutdown sounds will become a bit longer. It's always possible to re-flash the original firmware.

No, donating is tied to the RC, not to the firmware version. Once you donate, that RC can be flashed over and over again. After you donate, you'll have to flash the RC again to make it completely silent and restore the "CONNECTING" at startup. It's possible that an upgrade/downgrade of the RC overwrites the patch. In that case you can use SilencioRC to restore the patch again.

Firmware releases for the RC (and for the drone itself) consists of different components. For the microcontroller that gets patched, only 2 versions exist (since 01.03.0200): up until 01.03.0900 was one version, from 01.03.1000 until current uses the second version. It doesn't change that often. If a new firmware release comes out we'll do our utmost best to get that patched as well but I can't make promises that we'll always succeed... It does work for all versions released so far.
I'm going to give it a try when I finally get my drone back from DJI later this week.
In the future, I would love the option to select which sounds are silenced! For example, I kind of like the startup and shutdown tones but the RTH and low battery beeps are awful.

Either way, I'll be donating to remove the shareware tones and will report back once I test it!

Tried to flash and works so far. Will have a test flight tomorrow.
Its a piity that theres no mor booting and shutup sound in donation version. Would also like to have the feature of uploading own sounds for on/off and enetring an own text.
Maybe some nice implemented templates for sound an text would be cool.
Looking forward to final version.

Reactions: lenabanana
I did the set screw method, works great I can adjust the volume perfectly.
The pic looks a bit rough around the hole but that's the rubber material, it was hard to get a crisp cut on it, the screw fits great
I can hardly feel it when holding the controller.

RC.jpg

Reactions: Rnl
I did the set screw method, works great I can adjust the volume perfectly.
The pic looks a bit rough around the hole but that's the rubber material, it was hard to get a crisp cut on it, the screw fits great
I can hardly feel it when holding the controller.

View attachment 40928
I saw this method also but opted not to do physical damage to the remote.

Just flashed mine, sounds are gone as far as I can tell. Well worth the $6 and was quick and painless.

@jan2600
Please give us the option to leave On/Off sounds enabled in the future. It really is only the RTH and Low Battery beep that is annoying.
I would actually love the option to replace the low battery and RTH constant beeping with a single warning tone (as warning) rather than shut it off completely but beggars cant be choosers,

Did my first silent flight in a park here and ejoyed it very much. Tested RTH and low battery. It was very nice without getting all these audience attention with this annoying beeping thing in your hand.
I'll follow your development. Hope there will be some of the mentioned features added.
Thanks in further!

@jan2600
Please give us the option to leave On/Off sounds enabled in the future. It really is only the RTH and Low Battery beep that is annoying.
I would actually love the option to replace the low battery and RTH constant beeping with a single warning tone (as warning) rather than shut it off completely but beggars cant be choosers,

I’m working on that but I won’t have much time the coming month so I can’t make any promises on when that will be ready.

The single beep would be very hard to do. The micro controller that gets patched is attached to the buzzer but gets the beep command from another processor. It doesn’t really know what kind of beep it is asked to emit. It does make the startup and shutdown sounds by itself so those can be patched independently of the other beeps.

Reactions: lenabanana
The software solution listed previously would probably be the best fix, but there are two other options that do not require any hacks:
  1. After confirming that it is indeed returning, cancel RTH and fly manually with right stick forward (in Mode 2) while continuing to monitor a decreasing distance.
  2. Turn off the RC and turn it back on when the Mavic gets close (you can hear it). I have done this to test RTH but would rather use option 1 as I count more on my flying capabilities than software/firmware.
1. Or after confirming it isn't indeed returning :) But agreed, that would be the smartest way to use RTH, if you don't have a clue how to navigate back to home.
2. Never turn off your RC. It might not bind correctly when you switch it back on. Even though it is a small chance but still, risk mitigation is what keeps us flying.

Or maybe change like a ring-tone "Baby come back!......You can blame it all on me, I was wrong and I just can't live without you...."
I still like that song :)

@jan2600 Any chance you can make to RC to default to Boost Mode 1.5w regardless of the location/Go4?

No, the controller which gets patched is only responsible for battery charging, power on/off, the buzzer, the screen and maybe the vibrate motor. All other functions like the wireless link and the actual remote control function is handled by a different processor which is much much more difficult to patch, I have no ambition to patch it.

Reactions: Porto
I though I read somewhere recently you can stop the RTH beep by pressing the power button once briefly on the controller. Haven't tried it myself but will when the weather fines up. Maybe put the MP in safe area and try it... do so at you own risk.

I though I read somewhere recently you can stop the RTH beep by pressing the power button once briefly on the controller. Haven't tried it myself but will when the weather fines up. Maybe put the MP in safe area and try it... do so at you own risk.
That low batt warn, when u push button once and the sound turn off

No, the controller which gets patched is only responsible for battery charging, power on/off, the buzzer, the screen and maybe the vibrate motor. All other functions like the wireless link and the actual remote control function is handled by a different processor which is much much more difficult to patch, I have no ambition to patch it.
Understood. Not worth the effort since it already can be done through Go4 anyway. Thanks for the explanation :).

Which go4 option?
Patched Go4. I am not sure what's the policy in MP now regarding this modified app, whether it's allowed or not. But as always, you can use google to find out about patched Go4.

Is there an option for Mac or is this windows only?

Heh, funny story... It’s developed on a Mac but it’s written in C#. Originally it worked on a Mac with mono but as I added more bells & whistles to make it easier to use (like the automatic serial port detection but also GUI stuff), it became no longer compatible with mono. The work-in-progress tone editor is also completely silent on mono. I still compile it in macOS but run it in a Windows VM.

Maybe I can add command line arguments, without GUI it might still work with mono. (Just out-loud thinking, no promise !)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661