DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Return to Home BEEP BEEP BEEP

Thank you very much. I tested today on the beach. It was strange because no one around me did not look ugly. Now beep beep is gone.
Will be nice if you can add only one or two beeps for RTH and low bat. For me it will be enugh to know if something is active.
Thanks again.

Last edited:
...2. Never turn off your RC. It might not bind correctly when you switch it back on. Even though it is a small chance but still, risk mitigation is what keeps us flying.
I agree that turning off the RC is an extreme way to silence the beeping but I do recommend doing this once, with the craft in sight, in an open area, with a low battery (so it can't go far if it does not work properly), with confirmed accurate RTH settings. The reason is to test the RTH function in case of a RC disconnect or failure.

The RTH functions are there as a fail-safe to bring your craft back when you can't and should be tested. Besides the coolness factor of it automatically landing in the same spot that it took off from, the pilot should always be in control and not leave it up to technology to fly their aircraft.

The return to home BEEP BEEP BEEP is driving me crazy. Is there a way to turn it off? I'd be fine with one beep beep beep as an initial acknowledgement, but I don't need to listen to that for the entire trip home. In the DJI Go App, I went to Main Controller Settings > Advanced Settings from there when I scroll to the very bottom I see "Stop ESC beeping" its in blue. When I tap it, it does nothing. I can't find anything else in the settings.
I just hit the power button once and it stops. Don't turn off your controller for obvious reasons. Hope that helps

Reactions: ROBERTNCREST
I just hit the power button once and it stops. Don't turn off your controller for obvious reasons. Hope that helps
Can anyone confirm that exiting RTH beep by short power button press?
Any way to stop low battery beep without hard and softwaremodding.

Vibration on rc is enough for low batt warning on rc

See post 78 by Dragonfly.
Many thanks to FlightClub, he has taken the time and effort to give us a detailed and easy method to fix this problem. Please give it a try, and if you use a 3.4mm drill bit (by hand), a 4mm tap (thread maker, by hand) and insert an M4 nylon grub-screw, turning the volume down gently. Measure the protruding length. Unscrew and trim off the excess.

Just take your time, re-checking his measurements and slowly boring the hole and threading by hand. A very neat and easy fix for a volume adjuster that costs less than 5 euro.

No, the controller which gets patched is only responsible for battery charging, power on/off, the buzzer, the screen and maybe the vibrate motor. All other functions like the wireless link and the actual remote control function is handled by a different processor which is much much more difficult to patch, I have no ambition to patch it.

Battery charging? Any chance it also controls supplying charging current to the phone/tablet attached to it? I'd LOVE to be able to stop the controller from draining its own battery trying to recharge my Nexus 7 tablet - none of the "stop USB charging" apps seem to work on my Nexus.

Loving my paid-up blissful controller silence, Jan; thanks again for your work on this.

Here's a video showing how SilencioRC works:

Reactions: hookalakupua
Looks like you get more "features" for free.

Virus Total Report
Description

I can assure you that those are false positives. Symantec and Malwarebytes also reported issues with their heuristic scanner. I’ve sent them both the executable and they both confirmed it was a false positive.

The reason this happens is because the tool is obfuscated with Obfuscar, which is free and hence popular with malware authors.

I’ve been informed by Symantec and Malwarebytes that signing the executable will reduce the false-positives but those certificates are ridiculously expensive and only valid for a year...

Reactions: Ping^Spike
I’ve been informed by Symantec and Malwarebytes that signing the executable will reduce the false-positives but those certificates are ridiculously expensive and only valid for a year...
I buy from code signing certificates from K-Software. They are only $84/year (less if you purchase multiple years at a time).

Reactions: Ping^Spike
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Whitehammer661