DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RIP M2P - My Crash Video

Cut your losses, and buy another M2P.

Getting hurt pursuing the crashed drone could be waaay more expensive medical bills than $1,500 drone.

Excellent and informative reply @Phoenix Drone ! Wish all the replies on the forum followed this template for reply. [emoji4]

Find another flyer in your area by checking the Regional area of this forum and ask for assistance with a fly over. A weighted hook dangling from another Mavic can snag an arm and levitate it to safety. For even more payload capacity a Phantom Series can fly up there and accomplish the same thing.

"Drone fishing"

My thoughts exactly, although you might to try reach out to someone who has a drone that can carry a payload at least 3 lbs. or 1.5 x the weight of the Mavic 2 Pro (2 lbs). The last thing you would want is to have two Mavic 2 Pros resting where yours is. Maybe you can recover it, and I feel for you, but not all hope is lost.

Stitched together a quick 4 min movie using the 1080p downlink. Flying near Phoenix, Arizona, there are a lot of beautiful mountains in this area. Everything was going well with some close fly-overs, some in reverse. I was after a massive crack you see in the video, and was flying close to the walls in 4K 75 deg FOV, but will use 4k HQ in the future for a 55 deg FOV to give myself more distance for safety margin. I was doing a manual orbit and hit the side of the mountain. I will hike up next week but I doubt I can recover it, too steep. I thought you would enjoy the last video from this serial number. I wish I had the 4K footage. I will also use Tripod mode next time, the side sensors may have saved the day.

Bought her in Dec, had 220 miles on the bird.

Can't find your video in the Drop Box, got a message that the file is no longer available

How can i see the Video ? would like very much if you can show me the way

Can't see the video.
Possible reason: Fail of a secret experimental flight, video "for eyes only"
Flight never happened, it is a fairy count.
There is more to see in the clip than presumed starting the thread.
Please enlighten me what may be the reason of my blindness not being able to see the clip...

Bought her in Dec, had 220 miles on the bird.
Holy cow. I’m thinking you got your money’s worth out of her. “220 miles “. Sorry for you loss. I also think a phantom fly over and hook up could bring her back.

My mistake... I accidentally deleted the video from my dropbox. Here it is.

I went back to the mountain today, 8 mile hike over rough terrain and it was behind a ridge at the top, I never saw it but had the GPS coordinates. I got to within 175 feet, it must have been wedged on a 350' wall somewhere. You can see the drone cruise by a cactus right before impact, I saw that cactus so also had visual confirmation I was in the right spot. We got stuck up there after dark and it was a windy cold night. I included a couple of pictures of the type of terrain we hiked over. It would have been nice to bring the drone home but I will never push the safety margin, and was still a ton of fun. I used to work Search and Rescue and have seen some bad decisions people made, a $1,500 drone is not worth the risk.

Attachments

• IMG_8201.JPG
    IMG_8201.JPG
    5.5 MB · Views: 60
  • IMG_8296.JPG
    IMG_8296.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Reactions: James Flappsworth
Is there a local mountain climbing group who could help you for a six pack of beer? If the correct gear & knowledge they might be able to retrieve it.

Good idea. I will check!

Did you see this post about a found M2P?
————

I will post in lost and found as well but I know this will get more visability. (Moved here by Mod)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucent6408d