DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Roof Top Landing - And DJI Refresh (nightmare)

Hers the problem for DJI. They sent out a new drone, UPS lost it. I presume that you think they should send you another one? What happens when UPS figures out their mistake and delivers the first one to you as well? As far as DJI knows, the crash was totally your fault. You initiated care refresh and by all accounts they really stepped up to the plate to take care of you. Now you say that you didn't get your package even though UPS initially said that it was delivered, correct?

Yea I'm not giving you a $1500 drone until I'm certain that I'll get the first one back either. For all they know, it was stolen off your porch. Maybe you're scamming them. They don't know. All they know is that it was picked up at their facility and sent to you. It sucks but this should have been a huge DJI is awesome thread! Maybe shut some of the cacophony of "DJI customer service sucks" down for a minute or two.
were did he ever say it said delivered I never saw that.

Yup. I got the replacement. All good.

Great. But the delay was unwarranted. I hate to kick a dead horse, but I went over the DJI Refresh agreement, and it is a commitment to the customer that they expedite things, REGARDLESS of whose fault it is. You pay extra to get that plan, you also pay to initiate a replacement. This is not DJI playing good-will for anyone's sake; they have committed themselves to a specific performance standard, and taken money for that.

As for all this argument over jurisdiction once it is out of DJI's hands and in UPS's hands; as far as the customer is concerned, the shipping company is acting on behalf of the shipper, and until the customer is handed the shipment, it is as good as having been in the hands of the shipper until that point. This would not be the case if the customer had picked up the item from DJI, or arranged for a friend or his/her own preferred shipping company to do so.

If you would like a scenario to contemplate, imagine if DJI decided that they wanted to cut costs and instead of using UPS, they used "Joe's Quick & Speedy" delivery. They charge less because they deliver on bicycles. And often packages drop off the back of the bike, and are damaged or get lost. The customer waiting to get the package has no clue who the shipper is, and had no control of the selection of that shipper. DJI picked that shipper, and any ramifications is DJI's responsibility. DJI will not meet the promises they make with the DJI Refresh program, because of a choice they made. To maintain that the shipper is a third party and that the customer has no choice but to put up with their poor performance, is in breach of agreement. Now imagine that DJI asks the customer to be patient while the matter is resolved. Speedy, decides that they can't really afford to pay DJI for the lost drone, so they declare bankruptcy. DJI then has to wait until the bankruptcy court decides how much of Speedy's assets to give to DJI. Is it reasonable to think that the customer has to wait until that time? Or is this a problem for DJI to resolve independently of the customer?

We're all reasonable people here and if there were storms, or some sort of event that impacted delivery, then we could understand a day or two of delay. This wasn't that. This was UPS hitting some sort of glitch in their system, and they would be accountable only to DJI. That doesn't mean that DJI can force the customer to wait indefinitely until they've ironed it out with UPS.

Reactions: NAUIDIVER
Great. But the delay was unwarranted. I hate to kick a dead horse, but I went over the DJI Refresh agreement, and it is a commitment to the customer that they expedite things, REGARDLESS of whose fault it is. You pay extra to get that plan, you also pay to initiate a replacement. This is not DJI playing good-will for anyone's sake; they have committed themselves to a specific performance standard, and taken money for that.

As for all this argument over jurisdiction once it is out of DJI's hands and in UPS's hands; as far as the customer is concerned, the shipping company is acting on behalf of the shipper, and until the customer is handed the shipment, it is as good as having been in the hands of the shipper until that point. This would not be the case if the customer had picked up the item from DJI, or arranged for a friend or his/her own preferred shipping company to do so.

If you would like a scenario to contemplate, imagine if DJI decided that they wanted to cut costs and instead of using UPS, they used "Joe's Quick & Speedy" delivery. They charge less because they deliver on bicycles. And often packages drop off the back of the bike, and are damaged or get lost. The customer waiting to get the package has no clue who the shipper is, and had no control of the selection of that shipper. DJI picked that shipper, and any ramifications is DJI's responsibility. DJI will not meet the promises they make with the DJI Refresh program, because of a choice they made. To maintain that the shipper is a third party and that the customer has no choice but to put up with their poor performance, is in breach of agreement. Now imagine that DJI asks the customer to be patient while the matter is resolved. Speedy, decides that they can't really afford to pay DJI for the lost drone, so they declare bankruptcy. DJI then has to wait until the bankruptcy court decides how much of Speedy's assets to give to DJI. Is it reasonable to think that the customer has to wait until that time? Or is this a problem for DJI to resolve independently of the customer?

We're all reasonable people here and if there were storms, or some sort of event that impacted delivery, then we could understand a day or two of delay. This wasn't that. This was UPS hitting some sort of glitch in their system, and they would be accountable only to DJI. That doesn't mean that DJI can force the customer to wait indefinitely until they've ironed it out with UPS.

Um...did he wait? Yes? Then apparently DJI can make the customer wait while they sort the situation out. Hahaha!

No offense to the op but after all that complaining, I wonder how long he actually waited considering that he never let us know when he received his drone. I honestly think that a reasonable delay is justified considering the circumstances. It's all about expectations, I don't live down the road from DJI so when they replaced my Mavic Pro it took about two weeks to get to me. I actually have a $1500 computer in service right now. I shipped it Monday and they just got it in Dallas today. They'll look at it and it'll be another week before I get it back. It sucks but it comes with the territory.

By all accounts DJI went above and beyond expectations to take care of him. UPS screwed up. DJI was always going to take care of it in the end. The complaint is that they didn't jump fast enough for some. They have a procedure that they follow in these circumstances. My guess is that they've seen this situation a lot more times that any of us can imagine. This is how they handle it. Some companies undoubtedly handle it better but some would have had you file a claim against UPS yourself, ask me how I know.

Don, I want to understand what you are saying better.

Do you think that DJI is doing him a favor by sending him a replacement? Do you realize that he has bought the DJI Care Refresh plan, and there are contractual obligations? If you had a paid contract with your computer company that said you would get your computer replaced, as soon as they got it, regardless of how it was damaged, without the need for any "looking at it", then would you still expect them to spend a week looking at it? In this imaginary case, for the extra fee you paid, the computer company pays and expedites shipments on both ends too.

Maybe you don't know about the DJI Refresh plan. From their website:

"
1、What is DJI Care Refresh?

DJI Care Refresh is a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your DJI product. DJI Care Refresh is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements at additional charge if accidental damage occurs to your product during normal use. Each time you request a replacement, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability.
There are no hidden charges for the replacement service. After you choose DJI Care Refresh, you will receive prioritized service. The cost of two way postage for customers within DJI Care Refresh service areas will be covered by DJI.

In NA region (US & Canada):
For DJI Care Refresh (Mavic 2 series), the first time replacement fee is $119, the second time replacement fee is $139.
"

DJI received the Mavic, determined that Nauidiver had paid his replacement fee, and shipped out a replacement. That's all good, and bravo for DJI to do as promised. The part that failed is on UPS, but given that UPS is only accountable to DJI, and that DJI chose to use UPS, UPS's error is DJI's problem. DJI isn't a mom and pop shop. They can easily send another Mavic out. Then they take it up with UPS, and UPS either has to pay, or ask nicely for time to find the Mavic - it is between them. If they drove a truck over it, it is on them. If they can't find it for 30 days, it's on them. If UPS delivers it to some random kid*, or even if they give it to Nauidiver, making it the second one he receives, it is still on UPS to figure out how to get it back. Nauidiver should not be part of the "wait until UPS gets its act together".

(*that random kid wouldn't get a remote controller with the replacement since DJI Care Refresh doesn't send you a new remote.)

The beauty of this is that it pushes the responsibility where it belongs, and that means that actions will have to be taken. This is the feedback loop. DJI would feel the pain of using UPS and would either demand that they shape up, or they'd pick a better service. UPS feels the pressure and tries to fix their system and prevent any other mishaps like this one. If it weren't for this feedback loop, and the pain was only felt by Nauidiver, in the form of delays or a lost or damaged Mavic, then there's be no incentive for those who can, to fix the system.

When I pay my credit card company, and they call and say "You didn't send your payment", if I said, "go talk to USPS since I went above and beyond by putting it in the mail", they would laugh at me. Even if I showed them proof of mailing, they wouldn't say, "it's ok, you don't have to pay us until this is all figured out". It's my job to put a hold on the first check and send a second one out, or I can wait hoping for the original check to find its way, and meanwhile, I pay the interest that is accrued on that missing payment.

There's a lot that DJI does well. I'd hate to see UPS get away with ruining that. Customers should put pressure on DJI so DJI in turn puts pressure on the shipper to maintain their standard off operation. And thank DJI when they do well.

Reactions: NAUIDIVER
Um...did he wait? Yes? Then apparently DJI can make the customer wait while they sort the situation out. Hahaha!

No offense to the op but after all that complaining, I wonder how long he actually waited considering that he never let us know when he received his drone. I honestly think that a reasonable delay is justified considering the circumstances. It's all about expectations, I don't live down the road from DJI so when they replaced my Mavic Pro it took about two weeks to get to me. I actually have a $1500 computer in service right now. I shipped it Monday and they just got it in Dallas today. They'll look at it and it'll be another week before I get it back. It sucks but it comes with the territory.

By all accounts DJI went above and beyond expectations to take care of him. UPS screwed up. DJI was always going to take care of it in the end. The complaint is that they didn't jump fast enough for some. They have a procedure that they follow in these circumstances. My guess is that they've seen this situation a lot more times that any of us can imagine. This is how they handle it. Some companies undoubtedly handle it better but some would have had you file a claim against UPS yourself, ask me how I know.

They did not go above and beyond. As already established, you simply take a contrarian stance to stir debate. The facts, the law, and the community have already chimed into this old thread and have aligned with the OP. The use of example situations are not relevant simply because they’re not in-kind examples.

Don, I want to understand what you are saying better.

Do you think that DJI is doing him a favor by sending him a replacement? Do you realize that he has bought the DJI Care Refresh plan, and there are contractual obligations? If you had a paid contract with your computer company that said you would get your computer replaced, as soon as they got it, regardless of how it was damaged, without the need for any "looking at it", then would you still expect them to spend a week looking at it? In this imaginary case, for the extra fee you paid, the computer company pays and expedites shipments on both ends too.

Maybe you don't know about the DJI Refresh plan. From their website:

"
1、What is DJI Care Refresh?

DJI Care Refresh is a service plan that provides you with peace of mind, covering damage to your DJI product. DJI Care Refresh is valid for 12 months and offers up to two full replacements at additional charge if accidental damage occurs to your product during normal use. Each time you request a replacement, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability.
There are no hidden charges for the replacement service. After you choose DJI Care Refresh, you will receive prioritized service. The cost of two way postage for customers within DJI Care Refresh service areas will be covered by DJI.

In NA region (US & Canada):
For DJI Care Refresh (Mavic 2 series), the first time replacement fee is $119, the second time replacement fee is $139.
"

DJI received the Mavic, determined that Nauidiver had paid his replacement fee, and shipped out a replacement. That's all good, and bravo for DJI to do as promised. The part that failed is on UPS, but given that UPS is only accountable to DJI, and that DJI chose to use UPS, UPS's error is DJI's problem. DJI isn't a mom and pop shop. They can easily send another Mavic out. Then they take it up with UPS, and UPS either has to pay, or ask nicely for time to find the Mavic - it is between them. If they drove a truck over it, it is on them. If they can't find it for 30 days, it's on them. If UPS delivers it to some random kid*, or even if they give it to Nauidiver, making it the second one he receives, it is still on UPS to figure out how to get it back. Nauidiver should not be part of the "wait until UPS gets its act together".

(*that random kid wouldn't get a remote controller with the replacement since DJI Care Refresh doesn't send you a new remote.)

The beauty of this is that it pushes the responsibility where it belongs, and that means that actions will have to be taken. This is the feedback loop. DJI would feel the pain of using UPS and would either demand that they shape up, or they'd pick a better service. UPS feels the pressure and tries to fix their system and prevent any other mishaps like this one. If it weren't for this feedback loop, and the pain was only felt by Nauidiver, in the form of delays or a lost or damaged Mavic, then there's be no incentive for those who can, to fix the system.

When I pay my credit card company, and they call and say "You didn't send your payment", if I said, "go talk to USPS since I went above and beyond by putting it in the mail", they would laugh at me. Even if I showed them proof of mailing, they wouldn't say, "it's ok, you don't have to pay us until this is all figured out". It's my job to put a hold on the first check and send a second one out, or I can wait hoping for the original check to find its way, and meanwhile, I pay the interest that is accrued on that missing payment.

There's a lot that DJI does well. I'd hate to see UPS get away with ruining that. Customers should put pressure on DJI so DJI in turn puts pressure on the shipper to maintain their standard off operation. And thank DJI when they do well.

No, no, no you obviously want to attribute a point of view to me that I don't have. They literally sent out his replacement THE SAME DAY THEY RECEIVED IT! That is awesome service PERIOD! I'm not saying "they did him a favor". I know how Care Refresh works as I've used it twice. My point is that they fulfilled their "contractual obligations". Show me where the contact states that "in case of loss by the shipping company, DJI is obligated to ship you another replacement immediately without checking into the circumstances of the loss". It doesn't say that.

As far as your USPS example goes, take it further to the bank. If the bank says that the payment was made but the card company say it wasn't, they will hold any adverse actions until the matter is resolved. Also, if your letter is tracked, as in registered mail, and the credit card company signed for your letter or USPS takes responsibility, your credit card company will suspend adverse activities against your account until the matter is resolved.

They did not go above and beyond. As already established, you simply take a contrarian stance to stir debate. The facts, the law, and the community have already chimed into this old thread and have aligned with the OP. The use of example situations are not relevant simply because they’re not in-kind examples.

Why are you quoting me? I didn't reopen this crap! That guy literally joined this forum to post that drivel. All I did was respond as he quoted my comment.

Here's an "in kind" example. I ordered a truck topper from Checkmate. The shipper damaged it. I called the manufacturer and they said I had to settle with the shipper. You guys think they should have sent me a new topper that day?

Another one, I ordered a motorcycle exhaust from M4, through Amazon. They sent the wrong one. So I got a return label and dropped it off at UPS... You guessed it, they lost it. Amazon made me wait a few days to make sure it didn't reappear and then they issued a refund. I didn't think that was unreasonable.

I did present an example of similar service. I really have sent my computer in for service, I also paid for a service contract. I'm sure that it will be at least a week before they send it back using the slowest/cheapest method possible. Hopefully, this time it will be fixed. If the shipper loses my computer, I promise you, they won't send me a new one without some sort of investigation. That was a ridiculous expectation in the first place.

My last point is actually the most poignant one. Once the drone was replaced, did we get an update? Nope. How long was the delay? 2 days? A week? We still don't know. However, I guarantee you that if this had gone off without a hitch and the drone had been replaced in two days, there wouldn't have been a thread posted about that, would there? Any chance to bash DJI is jumped on without hesitation. DJI handles hundreds of these situations everyday without a problem and you'll never hear about it. UPS loses a shipment and DJI won't NDA a new drone immediately and they are evil incarnate. Does Yuneec, Parrot or Autel even offer this type of service? What happens if you crash your Evo into a tree 6 months after purchasing it? You buy a new drone. I'm not even sure if they offer a drone only option. Does DJI get credit for offering this service? Nope. In fact, many here have demonized them as "greedy" for even offering it.

I really don't understand why a lot of you even buy DJI products. If I felt even a tenth as bad about a company as some of you do, you can rest assured that none of their products would pollute my space. In fact, I was a genuine DJI hater back in the day and I didn't buy their products. Period.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shakes60