DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH always about 3 metres from take off point

Dronenewbie8

Reactions
Hello. Whenever I hit the RTH button (or the RTH screen icon) my Mavic 2 Pro will return but is always about 3 metres away from the take-off spot; I use a foldable heli-pad. I always cancel and then land manually. Is anyone else having this problem? I saw a video and the guy was describing the exact same problem with the Mavic 2. He also said the Mavic 1 didn't have this problem. Thanks.

Reactions: Bellavance
I’ve not had any problem with mine, lands on my pad every time. Have you tried PL yet, again that’s spot on too. Silly question but has it recorded the home point before taking off?

Are you using precision landing? It was only added to the M2P recently. When you take off, the drone has to ascend to a certain height above the landing point for it to work properly - it images the ground so it knows where to land when it comes back.
Yes. The firmware and software up to date. I let the drone hover about 2.5 - 3 meters before going off
And I always using a landing pad

U have to take off straight up at a nice speed not fast ...ascend to 7 meters which is 22ft. Let it hover for a few seconds ... and off u go....works everytime for me. When u hit return to home and it comes back and starts to land, u will see when it gets to about 40 to 50 ft It will start correcting itself. u will also get a notification saying "precision landing" in green....
That means its working.

i think that the maviic pro 1 and platinum were a better way of having precision landing because you had the option on take off of choosing it or not by using the tick box above the take off slider and if chosen it always attained the correct height to enable it to work rather than have to remember to go up 7m as on the mavic 2 just my thoughts on the subject

I’ve not had any problem with mine, lands on my pad every time. Have you tried PL yet, again that’s spot on too. Silly question but has it recorded the home point before taking off?

Thanks for your reply. I've done all of that correctly yet the problem persists. I'm in Singapore and my friend in the U.S. is also having the same identical problem with his Mavic 2 Pro.

U have to take off straight up at a nice speed not fast ...ascend to 7 meters which is 22ft. Let it hover for a few seconds ... and off u go....works everytime for me. When u hit return to home and it comes back and starts to land, u will see when it gets to about 40 to 50 ft It will start correcting itself. u will also get a notification saying "precision landing" in green....
That means its working.

Thanks for this info. I'll give it a try.

Thanks for your reply. I've done all of that correctly yet the problem persists. I'm in Singapore and my friend in the U.S. is also having the same identical problem with his Mavic 2 Pro.

Is your friend a member on this forum? Mines accurate as per my little video, so It definitely tells you “the home point has been activated” before take off. You haven’t moved from the spot you’ve taken off from and not reset the home point?

Hi and thanks. No, I haven't moved from the spot or changed the home point. Compass is calibrated too.

Lol, try the precision landing and see if that works for ya. Take a look at my post #10 that video is how good it is;)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maniac2000