DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH ascended into a tree, hovered between branches, couldn't get it out.

I made this mistake once when taking off under a tree, but I was able to cancel and control it in time, thankfully the controls do still work in return to home.

The lesson learnt is if you have to take off from under anything, make sure you have enough battery so it doesn't need to RTH when you land.
I think you can have the RTH height set to current height, so it wouldn't have risen up, but I do not know how to set that once you have changed it. But maybe you can't.

You can assign turning off the sensors to a controller button, I do this to avoid issues with the sensors preventing me from doing what I know is safe. It wouldn't have drifted much if the GPS signal is good without the sensors on, that is all you could have done.

What happened wince you couldn't get out? How did you land it?

I know. My bad. I'll admit also there was a degree of panic that might have clouded my problem solving skills...

I didn't manage to cancel in time the RTH on a low battery, so my M2P ascended, into some branches, and there it stayed, with apparently all the obstacle detection sensors in overdrive. I could see a clear avenue (sorry for the pun) out but it wasn't interested, even when turning sideways and rearways to try and force an exit on the less efficient sensors.

In retrospect I could have gone into the menus and turned them off but that would present its own problems, like possible drift/ impact, then fall.

Would there have been a simple 'get out' in this situation?

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
invertedloser