DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

RTH causes crash

combustication

Reactions
My Mavic Pro crashed yesterday as I foolishly didn't turn off the RTH feature while flying in a ravine which was densely populated with trees. I was just finishing up and was cleared to land about 30 feet or so from the takeoff spot when the RTH feature took control and started to vertically climb slamming into tree branches resulting in a crash as I was apparently to slow at cancelling the RTH. I really think the RTH feature should give you an audible notification that it's going to commence in 30 seconds to give you a chance to cancel rather than just activating immediately causing the user to lose control. For some reason, I thought RTH did give the user a 30-second warning before it takes place, did that change in an update or am I just incorrect about a 30-second warning ever existing?

The camera ribbon was torn and possibly the wires connected to the camera will need to be replaced as well.
:-(

I thought it also gave you a warning when going into RTH. Did yours go into RTH due to low battery?

Paul C

I thought it also gave you a warning when going into RTH. Did yours go into RTH due to low battery?

Paul C

I'm assuming it was low battery (though not critical low). I was within 50-100 feet of the Mavic and never lost connection until RTH activated. There is a file I can upload that tells exactly what happened, correct?

...I thought RTH did give the user a 30-second warning before it takes place, did that change in an update or am I just incorrect about a 30-second warning ever existing? ...
My 4.4.15 version of Go 4 gives an audible and visual low battery RTH warning with a 10 second countdown on the screen that I can cancel. I have accidentally had the volume turned down on my tablet and have missed the audible warning.

I get a popup on the screen saying RTH will start i think in 10 seconds and i can OK or CANCEL for low battery RTH.

That’s what I remember a 10 second count down. Haven’t flown in a while. Just too hot.

Paul C

My 4.4.15 version of Go 4 gives an audible and visual low battery RTH warning with a 10 second countdown on the screen that I can cancel.
All versions of DJI GO include that warning before RTH is initiated. It can be an easy thing to miss though if you're not paying attention to what's going on in DJI GO.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DoubleBarS