DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Saludos/Greetings! From Ensenada, Baja California, Mexico!

MarkTun

Reactions
Hola Amigos, and greetings from Ensenada, Baja California Mexico....about 2 hours South of San Diego, California. My wife and I are retired, and legal permanent residents here.

Purchased a DJI Mini 2 earlier this year, tricked it out with skins and accessories, then within a month or two sold it to a buddy to buy a Mini 3 Pro. Have taken it out several times already and it's working fine.

In this, our adopted country, I'm always very careful where and when I fly. There are less popular (and frankly, contaminated) beaches nearby which make for a good practice field over the water. And like many Mexican cities, Ensenada has a "Mirador" (lookout point) that commands a fantastic view of this city of 500,000. Here's one of my pics so you can see for yourself!

Hoping to connect with other drone lovers here in Baja California, and around the world. Have fun! DJI_0009.JPG

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama, welcome to the forum!

Welcome to the forum! :)

Welcome to the forum.
Please and do be sure you have read our guidelines.
I hope you will find our site helpful and look forward to any input , photo's/video's you might post .
Don't be shy and ask anything if you can't find it by searching . Thumbswayup

greetings from Ensenada, Baja California Mexico.. Purchased a DJI Mini 2 earlier this year, tricked it out with skins and accessories, then within a month or two sold it to a buddy to buy a Mini 3 Pro.

Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar.

Since you live in Mexico, there are specific laws and rules for you to follow, please check to ensure these are current.

Now, for some Good Old Fashion Advice…

Do not let the excitement of the moment get the best of you. When you are going out to fly, do it slowly and deliberately. Get used to a set procedure and even practice it.

There are so many things I could write but these are the highlights that I feel need mentioning.

Plug in your phone/tablet into your controller; turn on the Controller and DJI Fly App (if it does not start on its own…). On the Drone, open the front legs, then open the back legs, then remove the Gimbal Cover.

The Gimbal is the most delicate item on the Drone and banging or bumping can damage it. I also fastened a short "Remove Before Flight" ribbon to the cover so it's more noticeable and I do not forget to remove it…

Turn on the drone and watch it come to "life." Watching the Gimbal go through its self-check is almost like watching a kitten or puppy opening its eyes for the first time…

Place the drone down (preferably on a Landing Pad) while it finishes its self-test (collecting satellites, etc…).

Check your battery status (Phone, Drone, and Controller), check the Signal Strength, by now the Controller should have reported it updated the Home Point.

Lift off, 4-5 feet (1-1/2 meters) or so, hover a bit, check the controls (move the drone a bit forward, back, left, right, yaw left and right). By now, your Controller will probably report again, Home point Updated.

If you go out in a rush and race thru your start up and take off before the drone has finished it prep, it may update its Home Point over that pond or that old tree you are flying over and in your excitement, you'll fly the drone long past it Low Battery point and when it engages Return to Home and lands in the pond or in a tree; it will be all on you…

Now go have fun, learn to fly the drone by sight before you try to fly it out a distance depending on the video feed, FPV.

I would also advise you to use YouTube and watch a lot of the Videos on flying and setting up the Drone. When it is too dark, too cold, or too wet, you can "fly it vicariously" through YouTube. Also watch some of the Blooper Drone Videos and learn how not to fly your "New Baby."

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mini 3 Pro, including the User Manual.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Happy, Safe and Legal Droning…

Welcome to Mavic Pilots! :) Enjoy the forum!Thumbswayup

Hola Amigos, and greetings from Ensenada, Baja California Mexico....about 2 hours South of San Diego, California. My wife and I are retired, and legal permanent residents here.

Purchased a DJI Mini 2 earlier this year, tricked it out with skins and accessories, then within a month or two sold it to a buddy to buy a Mini 3 Pro. Have taken it out several times already and it's working fine.

In this, our adopted country, I'm always very careful where and when I fly. There are less popular (and frankly, contaminated) beaches nearby which make for a good practice field over the water. And like many Mexican cities, Ensenada has a "Mirador" (lookout point) that commands a fantastic view of this city of 500,000. Here's one of my pics so you can see for yourself!

Hoping to connect with other drone lovers here in Baja California, and around the world. Have fun! View attachment 152109
Hola compañero Dronero,
Alejandro Villegas de San Diego CA nacido y crecido en Tijuana Baches California. Quiero ir a volar mi
Mavic Air 2S tengo una Insta 360 y quiero tomar fotos y video de por aya.

buenos dias mi amigo! Slightly jealous it looks fantastic there. Where i live is beautyfull too but in a very diffrent if not polor opposite way. Hopefully the drone will allow me to manage such amaizing views. It certainly wont be my own tallent lol.

Attachments

• 20220630_211749.jpg
    20220630_211749.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 3
  • 20220630_211759.jpg
    20220630_211759.jpg
    818.7 KB · Views: 3
Welcome from the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, USA. We have a Member's Map in the Upper Right of the Title Bar.

Since you live in Mexico, there are specific laws and rules for you to follow, please check to ensure these are current.

Now, for some Good Old Fashion Advice…

Do not let the excitement of the moment get the best of you. When you are going out to fly, do it slowly and deliberately. Get used to a set procedure and even practice it.

There are so many things I could write but these are the highlights that I feel need mentioning.

Plug in your phone/tablet into your controller; turn on the Controller and DJI Fly App (if it does not start on its own…). On the Drone, open the front legs, then open the back legs, then remove the Gimbal Cover.

The Gimbal is the most delicate item on the Drone and banging or bumping can damage it. I also fastened a short "Remove Before Flight" ribbon to the cover so it's more noticeable and I do not forget to remove it…

Turn on the drone and watch it come to "life." Watching the Gimbal go through its self-check is almost like watching a kitten or puppy opening its eyes for the first time…

Place the drone down (preferably on a Landing Pad) while it finishes its self-test (collecting satellites, etc…).

Check your battery status (Phone, Drone, and Controller), check the Signal Strength, by now the Controller should have reported it updated the Home Point.

Lift off, 4-5 feet (1-1/2 meters) or so, hover a bit, check the controls (move the drone a bit forward, back, left, right, yaw left and right). By now, your Controller will probably report again, Home point Updated.

If you go out in a rush and race thru your start up and take off before the drone has finished it prep, it may update its Home Point over that pond or that old tree you are flying over and in your excitement, you'll fly the drone long past it Low Battery point and when it engages Return to Home and lands in the pond or in a tree; it will be all on you…

Now go have fun, learn to fly the drone by sight before you try to fly it out a distance depending on the video feed, FPV.

I would also advise you to use YouTube and watch a lot of the Videos on flying and setting up the Drone. When it is too dark, too cold, or too wet, you can "fly it vicariously" through YouTube. Also watch some of the Blooper Drone Videos and learn how not to fly your "New Baby."

Below is the link to all of the downloads offered by DJI for the Mini 3 Pro, including the User Manual.

After you read the Manual, read it again, you will be surprised what you missed the first time and you will be better prepared for that first "scary moment…"

Happy, Safe and Legal Droning…
Hi LT, thanks for your very detailed response. Like many who waited for their Mini 3 Pro, I had plenty of time to check out videos online, read the manual ahead of time, get acquainted with Mexican drone regs, etc. And I had a few good months with my Mini 2 for practice, so am well aware of issues related to the setting of a home point, etc. I even took that Mini 2 on an offshore sailing trip here, to a remote island off the pacific coast called Isla Guadalupe. Tricky doing the takeoff and landing from a boat, but did so successfully to document that historic voyage (first MX Yacht Club to organize a trip there) in May 2022. Happy droning!

Attachments

• DJI_0078.JPG
    DJI_0078.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 5
Tricky doing the takeoff and landing from a boat,

Wow, "Tricky" is not strong enough a word to describe the process of taking off and landing on that sail boat; especially with all those lines, ropes, cables, and the mast to deal with…

I see you sitting there in the photo, flanked by the "peanut gallery," waving at the drone, and I imagine you saying, "Please, oh please, do not let me drop my drone into the water…"

Remember, the Mini 3's avoidance system cannot see the boat's wires either and if you fly indoors, monotone walls (with no shadows, photos, pictures, windows, etc…) do not show up as an obstacle.

There are several videos of members who flew their Mini 3 inside a new construction and the drone was following the member and when they took a corner, the drone took a "shortcut," right into a wall…

Now, go have fun…

Reactions: Steel63
Wow, "Tricky" is not strong enough a word to describe the process of taking off and landing on that sail boat; especially with all those lines, ropes, cables, and the mast to deal with…

I see you sitting there in the photo, flanked by the "peanut gallery," waving at the drone, and I imagine you saying, "Please, oh please, do not let me drop my drone into the water…"

Remember, the Mini 3's avoidance system cannot see the boat's wires either and if you fly indoors, monotone walls (with no shadows, photos, pictures, windows, etc…) do not show up as an obstacle.

There are several videos of members who flew their Mini 3 inside a new construction and the drone was following the member and when they took a corner, the drone took a "shortcut," right into a wall…

Now, go have fun…
Agree, a bit tricky landing on the boat but was never really worried. We were at anchor at this time, but with plenty of wind. Got it back onto the bow after a few minutes. And I don't fly indoors.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78