DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung Galaxy Tablet A6

PressMan

Reactions
Hello,
As you probably know by now I am having 'No Signal' appearing on this tablet every few minutes while flying as I wrote about here. The connection to the Aircraft seems fine.
My Question please:
Do you use Samsung Galaxy Tablet A6 as your screen viewer with the Mavic??
If you have experience of using same please help me as I may NOT get a refund from the shop.

Cheers,

I have the S2 8 inch tablet and mine works fine. Which USB cable do you use? Have you tried using the other one? Also which version of GO?

I have the S2 8 inch tablet and mine works fine. Which USB cable do you use? Have you tried using the other one? Also which version of GO?
Thanks. Using the centre usb on rc..
Also used the side one on rc I think I have tried everything at this stage..dji go4 app..

Hey there,
I bought the Samsung Galaxy Tablet A6 to use with my mavic. It freezes and disconnects often. There are mixed reviews for this device. It's either a hit or miss. Any suggestions?

Hello,
As you probably know by now I am having 'No Signal' appearing on this tablet every few minutes while flying as I wrote about here. The connection to the Aircraft seems fine.
My Question please:
If you have experience of using same please help me as I may NOT get a refund from the shop.

Cheers,

Same tablet, same problem :(

Reactions: Joao Vgs
I've just started using this tablet (SM-T280) and at first found that it would not connect using Go 4. The app opened a window saying that DJI Go should be used with this device, so I uninstalled Go 4 and installed Go 3.1.1. which works well, but only if you close all apps running in the background before connecting to the RC. I also used App Manager III to move some apps to an external SD card.
My take is that this tab is borderline capable of running DJI software, but as a dedicated device kept clean of unnecessary clutter it serves well enough. My only other observation is that the screen is not very bright even at the highest setting, so some sort of sun shade is essential on a sunny day.

Reactions: Touroulis
I've just started using this tablet (SM-T280) and at first found that it would not connect using Go 4. The app opened a window saying that DJI Go should be used with this device, so I uninstalled Go 4 and installed Go 3.1.1. which works well, but only if you close all apps running in the background before connecting to the RC. I also used App Manager III to move some apps to an external SD card.
My take is that this tab is borderline capable of running DJI software, but as a dedicated device kept clean of unnecessary clutter it serves well enough. My only other observation is that the screen is not very bright even at the highest setting, so some sort of sun shade is essential on a sunny day.

Yes, I agree. I'm gonna try the DJI GO app 3 and if that does not solve it, its bye bye to Samsung (android) and hello to iPad mini (iOS)

Hello,
My Question please:

Cheers,

Hey there, I experienced the same issues, but after some advice from fellow Mavic pilots, I found out that: The DJI GO app 4 is (for now) glitchy on this device
(Samsung Galaxy Tablet A6), use the GO app 3, close all other apps and "don't cache locally". Hope this helps.

Hi,
So I have just picked up a Mavic Pro. I have a brand new Galaxy A6 Tab (SM-T280) with nothing installed it is literally fresh out of the box.

Where might I find the right APK for the DJI Go app to run this tablet with my drone. Thanks in advance :)

Reactions: 5kywa1ker
Hi,
So I have just picked up a Mavic Pro. I have a brand new Galaxy A6 Tab (SM-T280) with nothing installed it is literally fresh out of the box.

Where might I find the right APK for the DJI Go app to run this tablet with my drone. Thanks in advance :)
apkmirror.com search for DJI GO.

Perfect! I downloaded DJI Go v4.1.15 and it installed and runs.

The main test of course will be getting this into the controller and connected to the drone later. Crossing fingers!

Ok, so I took the drone out this evening to set it up again. Went through the compass calibration, IMU and gimbal. Adjusted my parameters for height and distance.

However one thing that concerned me was a message stating "inconsistent firmware found". As stated, I am using an old DJI Go app firmware v4.1.15. Is this firmware related to the drone itself or the battery? And should I allow it to update or will this render the app firmware incompatible?

However one thing that concerned me was a message stating "inconsistent firmware found".
You should acknowledge that message and allow the battery firmware to be updated. You might see that message the first time you use other batteries too since the firmware needs to be updated on each battery.

You should acknowledge that message and allow the battery firmware to be updated. You might see that message the first time you use other batteries too since the firmware needs to be updated on each battery.
Again thank you so much for the reply and the guidance. I ran the update this morning and enjoyed my first successful flight. Kinda scary - I don't have any sense of awareness of the drone position in the air yet. It all feels very alien!! Looking forward to a weekends flying :) Thanks again.

apkmirror.com search for DJI GO.
Curious how you got on....Have been flying Mavic Pro with Note 4 and Galaxy S8; no dramas. Have always wanted a bigger screen display and got a Galaxy TabA6 SM-T280. (New out the box).
Connects OK with latest (Updated) GO4 but there is no camera image?
Would appreciate any feedback before I go looking for APK versions that 'might' work.

Just got Samsung Galaxy Tab-A 8" SM T380 and still have to set it up, then will try to mate it with Mavic Pro Platinum. Craft and Samsung Galaxy J7 Perx work good together, but need the phone. So got the tab.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mini2+