DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Samsung non cellular tablet for Mavic controller

J-Man

Reactions
I just bought a Samsung 8" tablet (non cellular .... wifi only) for use with the Mavic controller. I have downloaded Google maps (region) onto the tablet and wondering if anyone has any experience with the Samsung. Of course in remote areas with no wifi, am anticipating that the downloaded google maps will work ---- not sure about GPS on the tablet. New user .... thanks.

I just bought a Samsung 8" tablet (non cellular .... wifi only) for use with the Mavic controller. I have downloaded Google maps (region) onto the tablet and wondering if anyone has any experience with the Samsung. Of course in remote areas with no wifi, am anticipating that the downloaded google maps will work ---- not sure about GPS on the tablet. New user .... thanks.
I would first test it out with the DJI app in order to ensure that it doesn't "lock/freeze up" on you

Your downloaded Google maps won't work since DJI stopped using Google maps a couple of months ago.

You'll have to browse the areas in the app itself.

I had go 4 on my Samsung S5, heremaps and google installed. Go4 would only work with here maps. Two weeks ago I purchased an ipad mini 2 (new) which had no maps installed. I installed google maps and go4 uses it no problems.

I tried my Samsung Tab3 and didn't have a lot of luck, but it is a pretty old Android Version (4.4.2 KitKat). Also tried my Motorola Droid Turbo 2 Version 6.0.1 Marshmallow. Better luck with it, but did have some lockups. Hope your experience is better than mine was. I personally think the problems lie more with the DJI GO 4 app for Android, rather than any issues with Android devices.

Pretty sure your Samsung Tablet will have a GPS receiver, so yes you should be able to use cached maps. I personally turn off Wi-Fi on my tablet when flying to avoid any possible interference with the RC. Have fun!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78