DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now
Nice! I will be out there next week and hopefully the weather will cooperate. Will try this bridge instead of Golden Gate.

Very nice, would it be possible to fly a drone to Alcatraz, that would be cool.

Very nice, would it be possible to fly a drone to Alcatraz, that would be cool.
There are lots of videos on YouTube flying from SF to Alcatraz is over a mile, out of Visual range. I will have to pass.

There are lots of videos on YouTube flying from SF to Alcatraz is over a mile, out of Visual range. I will have to pass.

Aww, come on, lol... yeah that would make me nervous too.

Nicely done

Very nice footage and my favorite city!

I noticed that you made a pass under the Bay bridge. I had read a lot about avoiding doing that because the steel of the bridge could cause you to lose signal to the drone and either cause the drone to RTH (which would lift up into the bottom of the bridge) or hover until the battery drained. Did you experience any loss of signal or make any adjustments?

Also ... did you find a lot of extra wind near the bridge?

Thanks

I live in the Bay Area, downtown actually and have personally flown over Alcatraz, all of downtown, Bay Bridge....etc I will be posting a you tube channel this week of all my footage, but just so you know I have heard serious consequences for flying near Golden Gate Bridge especially on the Marin side. Thanks for posting video thou

Very nice footage and my favorite city!

I noticed that you made a pass under the Bay bridge. I had read a lot about avoiding doing that because the steel of the bridge could cause you to lose signal to the drone and either cause the drone to RTH (which would lift up into the bottom of the bridge) or hover until the battery drained. Did you experience any loss of signal or make any adjustments?

Also ... did you find a lot of extra wind near the bridge?

Thanks

Fortunately, I did not experience any loss of signal, but before I launched a warning of strong magnetic interference appeared. I didn't notice any issues with the connection, but I will probably be more careful about this in the future. Also, it was a little windy but nothing that the Mavic can't handle!

Fortunately, I did not experience any loss of signal, but before I launched a warning of strong magnetic interference appeared. I didn't notice any issues with the connection, but I will probably be more careful about this in the future. Also, it was a little windy but nothing that the Mavic can't handle!
Well, that's kind of like a recurring dream I've had - flying under large bridges like you did. When the weather in my area (NY) stabilizes and the winds die down, I'm going to fly around the new Tappan Zee bridge - and am REALLY tempted to go under. But magnetic warnings will certainly slow me down! I have no interest in losing my drone!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
refrigasketscanada