DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SAN FRANCISCO WANTS DRONES MONITORING SIDE SHOWS.

Another reason I will never visit SF. These kinds of reckless stunts. (along with the rampant and bold crime against people in broad daylight, the disregard for the homeless who have taken over the streets, and the general stink). SF has lost its appeal to me and many other people. While drones are a good use for this, doubt it will have any real impact.

No wonder law abiding citizens are fleeing cities like these. So they'll tell the police not to stop these criminal acts, rather; let them happen, blocking streets for hours, while "monitoring" from a drone. Then later they'll arrest one or two of the hundreds of participants and they'll be back on the streets in hours; doing it again. Brilliant!!!

Sorry, it's cool that police are using drones and all, but the absurdity in these once great American cities makes my blood boil.

I also don't understand what the title means or what we are seeing. Is this a planned event? Can somebody explain what's going on and what the title to this thread means?

I also don't understand what the title means or what we are seeing. Is this a planned event? Can somebody explain what's going on and what the title to this thread means?
Like a flash mob, groups of street thugs will show up at one place like this, and then just do whatever they want, for as long as they want, and no one can stop them. They are planned by the participants, but no notice is given to the general public - just a social media post "lets do this at such and such time and location"

Police are instructed not to interfere by their superiors; lest one of the criminals gets hurt, in which case they have to have a 'peaceful' riot where they burn down several blocks of the city.

They are not 'side shows' they are blatant, careless, and unsafe acts perpetrated by criminals who have nothing better to do like go to a job.

Reactions: The Droning Company
It's even worse than you could imagine. Where I used to live in Oakland, CA, there was once a huge sideshow like this literally 25 feet from my bedroom, starting at midnight. They actually bring their own special tow trucks in case one of the cars crashes. Within minutes, hundreds of people poured out of their houses and packed the sidewalks. The smoke was toxic, and rubber covered up new school cross walks that had just been painted, at an historic Black intersection where a small girl got run over in the 1960s, sparking the actual Black Panthers revolution, but that is another story I could tell for another day.

Here's where it gets worse than you could imagine: When I looked down the Oakland street, I saw several police cars parked on the street, maybe 400 feet down the road, with their lights flashing, no sirens. The police were right there and did nothing to stop it!

I admit I thought about launching my drone to get some of it from above. I didn't do it as I'd be flying over people, and I could just imagine someone trying to shoot my drone starting something even worse. It would have made a nice capture.

Reactions: The Droning Company
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goadreams