DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Santorini, Greece - my tips and video

kogut7

Reactions
Hi guys,

I wanted to share with you my tips regarding flying on Santorini Island and also my video. I didn't experience any issue, people seem to be ok with drones. I was trying not to bother other tourists/locals with my drone - when flying at the most crowded place on Santorini - Oia, I woke up very early and started my bird right after sunrise, so there were almost no people, as you can see on the video. However, I saw some tourists launching and operating their drones in the middle of the day, in a very crowded square - please don't do it, you can get into troubles and/or make other people angry.
I was also trying to find less known spots on the island to fly there during the day - and I found Vlychada beach. It looks amazing! There were only few other people on a sunny day :) Here is my video:

DUDE! Amazing movie and great editing. Can be used as a travel commercial for the island if you ask me... I get the urge to book tickets right away!

Reactions: Chip and kogut7
DUDE! Amazing movie and great editing. Can be used as a travel commercial for the island if you ask me... I get the urge to book tickets right away!

thanks! you may be right as it shows only the good sides of the island, no crowds at all ;)

Hi Great Video - I love Greece. Did you have no problems flying over the buildings? Very early morning is best?

Hi Great Video - I love Greece. Did you have no problems flying over the buildings? Very early morning is best?

thanks! I didn't have problems, but as I said - it's best to fly right after sunrise. During the day there is many people in Oia, some of them are sunbathing, swimming in the pools - they may be upset if you fly near them.

Hi guys,

I wanted to share with you my tips regarding flying on Santorini Island and also my video. I didn't experience any issue, people seem to be ok with drones. I was trying not to bother other tourists/locals with my drone - when flying at the most crowded place on Santorini - Oia, I woke up very early and started my bird right after sunrise, so there were almost no people, as you can see on the video. However, I saw some tourists launching and operating their drones in the middle of the day, in a very crowded square - please don't do it, you can get into troubles and/or make other people angry.
I was also trying to find less known spots on the island to fly there during the day - and I found Vlychada beach. It looks amazing! There were only few other people on a sunny day :) Here is my video:

Great Video, been in Santorini many years ago, wish I had my drone then.

Reactions: kogut7
Very nice video. I even had to all the wife to watch it. We remember some of the same sights from our visit.

Wow. Really, really well done. Great main shots, pacing, B-roll, all that good stuff. I know that takes a ton of time to assemble, but the result is awesome. Chapeau!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54