DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SAR drone

KelvinFPV

Reactions
Flys pretty ok. Windy here today and it handled just fine. Lots of room for shaving weight but I'm working on the volume first. Still not loud enough for subject to hear me in flight more than 15 ft away. Landing isnt usually an option. Wanted to mount speaker underneath but would prefer not to block vision sensors. 20200607_140653.jpg

Interesting. Is there a particular reason you didn’t want to used an mp2?
Looks like you were shaving some weight by using a smaller battery?

Interesting. Is there a particular reason you didn’t want to used an mp2?
Looks like you were shaving some weight by using a smaller battery?
None other than we are all volunteer and use our personal equipment and my pockets aren't that deep. We actually have a grant in place for a matric 210 but covid19 has kept the EMS director busy and the program got put on the back burner. I've unofficially used my fpv drones in the past for search missions but the limited flight times and analog camera make them pretty worthless. I bought this one just to get the ball rolling for establishing a program. The radio is more of an experiment. I think I will end up shaving the weight more, replacing the antenna with a thin wire soldered directly to the board, or replacing it with a family radio, packaging it with some form of protection and purchasing a drop mechanism when they come available. I don't believe I will able to ever get it loud enough to be heard over the props. Yesterday would have been an ideal example as we had a river rescue where a raft overturned and a guy was stranded for several hours until we could get to him. It would have been nice to at least let him know an ETA and ask how he was holding up. Yes, I replaced the 1800mah stock battery with a 2s 450mah I had laying around. The back frame is metal and really can go too if I decide to continue to use this one.

Reactions: DJake_2000
The 210 is a very good unit. Very stable and fly time is a plus. There was a good used one over on the inspire site a few weeks ago at a very good price. Watch for them.
Keep up the good work!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engmarceloacs