DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

SC disconnect while recording video

rtr32

Reactions
Any help on this one is appreciated...

Flying at night within VLOS orientation of LEDs. I started video of lit area and received notice that quickly disappeared that said something like "internal storage full, would you like to switch to SD card?". Then the AC disconnected and screen went gray.

Was able to control AC, come back and land although it this is the first time the SC screen showed disconnection after many flights.

Local video cache was nearly full but internal storage had over 5GB left. I believe it had something to do with video cache.

Airdata has no flight details after disconnection.

Running latest firmware on SC but have to move flight records to SD card for sync to airdata.

Anyone have similar experience?

Thanks all!

Put a card in either the drone (what I do.. I change every flight to prevent data loss) or in your SC. Designate this new card as the place to record. You can the remove the card to a card reader after flights(my preferred method, or connect your device to your computer.

Reactions: Gindra
Thanks, any idea what can cause screen disconnect?

Update...

SC again disconnected from AC. This time it de-linked from AC completely. Luckily I was flying at a low hover, grabbed the MP2 and turned it over until props stopped.

This is what I had to do to finally relink AC...
- roll back firmware in SC, no link
- factory reset SC, no link
- roll back firmware in AC, CONNECTED WITHOUT LINKING!

not sure if I should re-update Firmwares or leave them alone

Starting to loose confidence in system stability. This could have been much worse if I was flying out of reach.

What are your Cache settings on SC?

Had SC set to cache video locally, turned that off and plan to re upgrade firmware.

Reactions: m2zAL
Update, all firmware upgraded again with no connection problems.

Local cache turned off.
No SD card in SC.

Now I need to regain confidence in the system.

What exactly does the caching do? Does it cache to the smart controller or on the drone? There must be some reason it's enabled by default.

I have a 32gb SD card in my controller and it gives me the option to cache to SD card instead of internal storage. It doesn't specify if its SD card on drone or on SC though, or internal storage on drone or SC. Doesn't matter anyway though because when I set it to SD card it just changes back to the internal storage caching setting on it's own.

Edit: after further research it seems the video cache is for saving low resolution video copies to the controller, while flying. The purpose is that if you lose your drone, you'll still have copies of the video, useful for helping locate your drone. Seems a sad thing that this setting can not be safely enabled.

Last edited:
Reactions: rtr32
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vlad_Zherikhov