DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Scored Some New Nav Lights

FlyGuy8675309

Reactions
Just came in the mail today -- Can't wait to test them tonight!

Two LEDs per unit, three flash modes ("breathe", slow, fast -- no solid burn), rechargeable (special cables included in box). Price? Under $18 shipped!
TransTEC Easylight Night Flying LED Light FPV Wireless LED Light for RC Drone | eBay

Of course these are a bit bigger than the awesome STROBONs.. I actually got these for an RC plane. I thought they would be bigger -- but the size will work for quads just fine.

Going for a distance test tonight to see how far you can see them and will report back!

21740486_1428713223911390_5027195166690107065_n.jpg

Reactions: Jeff48
Can you post an image of the lights with a penny or quarter for a size reference?

TIA,

Theo

3. Dimensions: (1.85 x 0.47 x 0.51)" / (4.7 x 1.2 x 1.3)cm (L x W x H)

Well this went south quickly. Before I even got them on the AC the white and red light failed. I'm suspecting a bad charger. The true test will be A) How the seller takes care of this, and B) How well the replacements do. We'll see. :rolleyes:

Anywho - these things are very light (no pun intended!) -- three of these would not affect the handling or flight time.

I was able to test the green one last night. Put it on in the front the wide way like a light bar on an emergency vehicle. They certainly pass the brightness test. Was able to see it over a mile out.

So the test is if I just got unlucky or if these are crap. Story at 11 (or whenever I hear back from the seller LOL).

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rmgde