DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screen Cramped

hewo

Reactions
Folks purposely use bigger screens to ease interfacing the controls. But on cellphones, the screen is small, six inches by 2.4 making it more cramped tweaking the software features.
The phone grip arms cover small portion of cellphone screen. In this region software displays certain settings. Selecting some are near impossible because of obstruction.
Anyone experience this congestion inaccessibility?
What displays is universal for any screen, just sized to fit. The small cellphone screen makes tweaking a lot more humbug.

Do you have a case on your phone? Maybe that would add enough thickness around the edges to where the grips aren't blocking anything.
I have the same problem with my Note 8 - except that it's too big. Tapping the settings icon requires surgical precision :p

I use a SC with the hood. My fat fingers can't get into the corners and edges so I use a stylus. No biggie to me.

I am amidst disputing warranty claim, the forensics team won't address this specific software "blinding". The acknowledgement button for entered expo "blinding" once pressed, assigns another numeric value, unknowing, because fingertip still on screen but screen has changed into graph that is fingertip sensitive assigning numeric.

EntityResponse: Excludes Any software programs, whether provided with the product or installed subsequently. After-Sales Service Policies - DJI

I am amidst disputing warranty claim, the forensics team won't address this specific software "blinding". The acknowledgement button for entered expo "blinding" once pressed, assigns another numeric value, unknowing, because fingertip still on screen but screen has changed into graph that is fingertip sensitive assigning numeric.

EntityResponse: Excludes Any software programs, whether provided with the product or installed subsequently. After-Sales Service Policies - DJI

this is not comprehensible and certainly has nothing to do with this thread

Last edited:
your stylus could not access the imaged target covered by gripper

Oh, thanks for elaborating...

I agree many icons are pretty small, but there is only one main screen in DJI Go and screen space is very valuable.
DJI could have made it easier by allowing the user to choose and resize buttons/widgets. I am working on my own application that will allow exactly this.

But anyway this is hardly a warranty issue... Are you trying to say that you actually crashed because you couldn't reach a button in the app?
If I was DJI I could say 1) the RC controls are always fully accessible and 2) your phone size is not our fault
Sorry, but I highly doubt you'll have much success there.

Reactions: Kilrah
Oh, thanks for elaborating...

I agree many icons are pretty small, but there is only one main screen in DJI Go and screen space is very valuable.
DJI could have made it easier by allowing the user to choose and resize buttons/widgets. I am working on my own application that will allow exactly this.

But anyway this is hardly a warranty issue... Are you trying to say that you actually crashed because you couldn't reach a button in the app?
If I was DJI I could say 1) the RC controls are always fully accessible and 2) your phone size is not our fault
Sorry, but I highly doubt you'll have much success there.
what occurred was unknown repopulation of the expo value because the gripper interferes the fingertip touching the glass half-hocked. The value typed in unknowingly gets reassigned another value when the screen reverts back to the graph that's numeric sensitive. When you click done, you acknowledge your typed in value. But that value immediately changes because your fingertip still is on the screen. The graph responds to your fingertip. It assigns another value. But you do not know this. Why? You committed "done" clicking your keyboard entered value.

He's right. The results derived from a broad sample demonstrate that this kinematic model of thumb–index finger precision manipulation based on digit segment lengths provides a useful tool for assessing digit movement. The precision gripper WS for each individual and each taxon was calculated for grasping and manipulating a circular object varying in size (scaled to hand size) from R = 0 to 0.3, increasing incrementally by 0.01 (figure 1). The WS for R = 0 corresponds to the area over which the tips of the thumb, and the index finger can touch. As the size of the object increases up to R = 0.3, the WS increases until a point when the object size becomes a constraint on digit movement. So... there you are!rsif20150176f02.jpg

Reactions: Shuggins
what occurred was unknown repopulation of the expo value because the gripper interferes the fingertip touching the glass half-hocked.
Your choice to proceed using a device that gets covered by the grips.
If something of your choosing is not appropriate do something about it (use a phone that still has bezels, use another mounting solution, use another device with a bigger screen...), but the manufacturer for sure won't be responsible for it.

....I think some of you are missing the point. Using weak induction, let k=0 in a synopsis of f(x)= x^x%2, r{p*x}, and the grip proves visible! At that point you can conclude it's time to turn off the offending go 4 app, and go plant flowers or something.

Reactions: RWD
Poking amuse of screen cramp
No. The fallacy is dual mode expo entry. It should be one mode entry not two. I don't believe grippers have anything to do with dual entry.

Your choice to proceed using a device that gets covered by the grips.
If something of your choosing is not appropriate do something about it (use a phone that still has bezels, use another mounting solution, use another device with a bigger screen...), but the manufacturer for sure won't be responsible for it.
In the smart controller there are no grippers. The gripper concept, its devise, it must be corrected, knowing screen extents designed and gripper's veil footprint, all known design criteria.

o-YODA-facebook.jpg

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Piason