DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screen Recordings Can't Find RC2

bkushner

Reactions
Filmed screen recordings today and they aren't on my external SD card. They are on the controller yet I can't find where they are stored or how to find them...

With a phone connected to Windows I have, in the past, run a search for a file by some part of the file's name.
If successful, right click on the name and chose "open file location" or something like that. It opens the folder containing the file.
From memory the PATH to the file is in the toolbar across the top of the window.

Reactions: MS Coast
With a phone connected to Windows I have, in the past, run a search for a file by some part of the file's name.
If successful, right click on the name and chose "open file location" or something like that. It opens the folder containing the file.
From memory the PATH to the file is in the toolbar across the top of the window.
This is the RC2 with built in screen.

Check the : files/pictures/screenshots on the controller and place the SD card as well to transfer.

Let me know if that works out.

Phantomrain.org
Gear to fly in the Rain. Float on the Water.

With 8GB, they might be on the internal storage. If it's like the DJI RC, pull down the notification menu (double swipe from the top) then select Settings gear (top right), Storage, Internal shared storage, Music & Audio, Audio Files.

This puts you into a file browser. Click the three horizontal lines at the top left to show the menu. Scroll down to where you see DJI RC (or whatever it says on the RC 2) and click it.

There you will find a Screenshots directory, and maybe a Movies directory. Look in there.

Reactions: bkushner
I have the same problem. The suggestions up to this point have not helped.

I have confirmed that I'm running the latest firmware on the RC 2. On my remote, I do not see the same menus and file structure as mentioned here ...

"then select Settings gear (top right), Storage, Internal shared storage, Music & Audio, Audio Files.

This puts you into a file browser. Click the three horizontal lines at the top left to show the menu. Scroll down to where you see DJI RC (or whatever it says on the RC 2) and click it.

There you will find a Screenshots directory, and maybe a Movies directory. Look in there."

>> DOes this operation require that the drone (Air 3) be connected? I'm really at a loss.

Last edited:
Filmed screen recordings today and they aren't on my external SD card. They are on the controller yet I can't find where they are stored or how to find them...
(This works for me on RC-2) only if you have a SD card inserted in your controller.

So turn on your RC-2.
Swipe down and tap on EXPLORE on the left side from the SD card notification.

THEN tap the three stripes icon on the top left (near disk) THEN tap Videos and THEN Movies.

In that folder you can find all your screen recordings

Thank me later :)

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kia-6098.111