DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screen upside down und App updating

ylmavicpro

Reactions
Hi, I am a total newbee for drone flying. Just got my Mavic Pro platinum and tried starting simulator first. As I started the program, my mobile phone shows the screen upside down. I searched in the forum, people said that is not the problem with mobile "auto rotate" feature, some people got this problem after the Dji go 4 app updating. I was asked to do app updating at the very beginning. Now I have version 01.04.2000, I think.

My questions are:
1. How to solve this problem, so that I can do the operation at all?
2. Is the pilot forced to update, if the system tells you?

Thanks for any help.

How to solve this problem, so that I can do the operation at all?
Try rotating your device. The screen should eventually readjust itself.

Is the pilot forced to update, if the system tells you?
DJI rarely pushes forced firmware updates. Unless DJI GO does not allow you to push forward without updating, you can ignore the prompts to update.

Last edited:
Reactions: ylmavicpro
First, if using an android, some phones have 270° rotation turned off. You'll have to turn it on to flip the screen on the other long side. The alternative is to turn the phone around in the RC, so that the cord comes out of the right side instead of the left.

Second, app updates are controlled by user settings, I.E. update only on wifi, manual update, or update automatically. You might not be able to turn off individual app updates like I can, but you will never be forced to update any app. If using android, go to the play store, settings, and turn off auto updates. You can also look up the older version .apk files on Google and download an older version. I am running 2.04.16 on android and it works fine.

Thank you both, msinger and Odom1975. I will try your suggestions and tell you the result.

my mobile phone is Huawei p8 lite, I did not find 270 degree rotation feature. If I put the phone around the RC, I need a new, longer cable.

I was wrong, I was forced to update firmware at the beginning, otherwise the app won't work.

Reactions: Odom1957
Firmware is different than the app. Is that phone android based? I'm guessing it is, since it isn't an iPhone. Lol

I'll look up how to check rotation on android phones.

my mobile phone is Huawei p8 lite, I did not find 270 degree rotation feature. If I put the phone around the RC, I need a new, longer cable
Make sure the Settings --> Display --> Auto Rotate Screen setting is enabled. It should be enabled unless you disabled it.

On older generations of Android, they had an extra box that wasn't checked and only allowed the screen to turn along one side. It also didn't allow it to work in portrait upside down. You had to check the boxes labeled 180° and 270° if they weren't already. The setting is found under display section.

On the newest versions, it does this by default, except for 180. That is what looks to be a root only feature.

My phone is android based, it is not old. I have the "auto-rotate screen" enabled from default. No feature for 180 or 207 degree.

Rotating your phone from side to side doesn't correct the display?

As msinger has said, turn your phone to portrait for a second, then back to landscape. It should flip if your android allows the app to go upside down.

The issue is with some phones, the app is only allowed to go landscape one direction. The simplest fix is to put the phone in the RC the other way. You should already be using the bottom USB port anyway due to the issues using the side port.

Hi, msinger, hi, Odom 1957

Now I tried again. At the beginning it okay, but in a few seconds, it turned upside down again. I did as msinger suggested to rotate the mobile a bit and it came back to normal!

Thanks again!

Does it stay right side up after you get it there?

You could always stand on your head to fly the drone!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jordy