DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Screws and warranty question

HotshotZDI

Reactions
Does anyone know why a few of the screws have a plug like thing in them? Is it to see if you violate warrant? It’s like glue in the top so you can’t tighten loosen the screw. I want to tighten the screw because I found some loose ones but I don’t want to violate my warranty. DJI was absolutely no help when I asked them. They just said maybe it is a warranty violation but refused to tell me yes or no. Please help. My screws are loose. Also, if I replace any parts, does it violate my warranty with DJI refresh insurance? Thanks all! 961F0054-58AF-43DB-81B4-34158B63E88B.jpeg

We all have a few lose screws lol - cant see why you can't tighten them up - as for swapping not sure about that - odd they didnt respond to your questions.

I did chat and the rep told
Me I could not remove that clogged screw and tighten it. Seams like a safety issues to me. But they said I can’t.

...Also, if I replace any parts, does it violate my warranty with DJI refresh insurance?...
If you choose the replace option DJI won't even look at it. They will put the replacement in the mail the same day they receive yours.

Warranty and refresh aren't the same thing.
Warranty covers only manufacturing defects. If the device has been tampered with which would be revealed by the seal in the screw they won't cover it since it becomes difficult to determine whether the fault was really a manufacturing defect and not the user messing with it.

Refresh covers any accidental damage no questions asked. Tamper seal is irrelevant in that case.

Ohhhh. That’s awesome then. Thank you! I need to replace one of the shells, so that should be okay right? I’m just nervous with a crack in the shell. It’s a rear portion and I don’t want to to give out and crash.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kmikebennett