DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

sd-card

Pilot 01

Reactions
Dear All,
Few weeks ago purchased a fantastic little drone - the mini 2- flys absolutley massive no woories there except the downloading the shots from the inserted sd-memoty card(scan ****)-128 gb.
When editing in iMovies -(MacOs) - importing from sd-card to i Movies after the second import all my files e.g. mp4/JPEG/DNG have turned to ' light grey' resulting in that i can't activate slash import them.Anyone knows the reason for this?This obviously doesn't have anything to do with the mini-2.- gr-Pilot-01

Dear All,
Few weeks ago purchased a fantastic little drone - the mini 2- flys absolutley massive no woories there except the downloading the shots from the inserted sd-memoty card(scan ****)-128 gb.
When editing in iMovies -(MacOs) - importing from sd-card to i Movies after the second import all my files e.g. mp4/JPEG/DNG have turned to ' light grey' resulting in that i can't activate slash import them.Anyone knows the reason for this?This obviously doesn't have anything to do with the mini-2.- gr-Pilot-01
Are you uploading the footage from the drone or taking out SD card from drone and putting it in your computer? Uploading from drone should only be utilized in rare instances like on vacation where you want to view footage without PC

Dear All,
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

please answer the question above. I always remove my SD card to dL to my computer.

Is the problem you note recurrent? Does it happen with a different SD card?

Grayed out files generally mean that there is something wrong with the file header or file itself that the software doesn’t like. Missing file extensions can do it, as well as corrupted files themselves.

Putting a copy of the corrupted file on a SD card and putting it back in the drone won’t work. It needs to be the original card with the original file.

I have had no luck with any recovery software saving videos. Video files require header information to be readable. This header information is written last after the last frame captured, and the camera turned off. If drone power is turned off before stopping the recording, this header never gets written. Putting the card back in the original drone and powering it up generally allows the drone to generate this header, and all is good.

Reactions: NG Wildman
Welcome to the forum from the deserts of Arizona! Enjoy.

please answer the question above. I always remove my SD card to dL to my computer.

Is the problem you note recurrent? Does it happen with a different SD card?
Thomas- I always remove SD-card frome drone and insert it in the Apple- pc slot.
The removal is always done once the drone is powered down.I must say that my luck with SD cards is very poor. Always encounter hassles etc. now this- half a year back bought a Garmin watch to monitor my cycling activities in the bush & on the road.. also hassles....? maybe my magnetic field is too strong>>?thanks for your reply.

Putting a copy of the corrupted file on a SD card and putting it back in the drone won’t work. It needs to be the original card with the original file.

I have had no luck with any recovery software saving videos. Video files require header information to be readable. This header information is written last after the last frame captured, and the camera turned off. If drone power is turned off before stopping the recording, this header never gets written. Putting the card back in the original drone and powering it up generally allows the drone to generate this header, and all is good.
Hi Dave- thanks for your response- the sd-card I always remove once the drone has powered down and insert it in the Apple- Pc slot.Nothing special- no dodgy manoeuvres etc. - so how can files be corrupted? The video recordings are always off line when I start my flight back to base.Might be an idea to scramble all the files by formatting and see how she does then.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N