DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Second Drone SAR training session is Atlanta in June

Personally, I'll go anywhere within 500 miles of Shelby, NC and donate my fair share if you decide to lease

Ok. We’re gonna go with the park in Atlanta and $30 to cover facility rental and lunch. Thunderdrones will provide the info. As always, there is no cost for the training.

Last edited:
Reactions: TR Ganey
We're scouting two beautiful locations in the Atlanta area for the session on June 8 with huge land areas and large lakes. Suitable for bringing the wife and taking a mini vacation with her. :)

Reactions: TR Ganey
One of the scenarios in Atlanta that you will be flying is manual orbits to hone your motor skills and eye/hand coordination as well as boost your confidence to precisely control your drone. First you will manually fly orbits around yourself. If you do that well enough, you will then fly the drone out a distance away and manually orbit a designated target. This video demonstrates how to do simply orbits around yourself - something you need to practice before Atlanta. I will eventually be posting a video of me manually orbiting a water town half a mile away at 300 ft AGL.

Big Al pointed me to this thread. I would like
to attend. Let me know where to sign up.

And I'll be happy to donate to help cover the costs.

John

DSAR training is locked in for June 8th at Acworth Beach location at Lake Alatoona in north Georgia. The Acworth Beach Location is drone friendly and Rob booked pavilion number 4 for June 8th. There are nearby bathrooms, it is very close to the water, and plenty of parking if we get there early there is a children's play area and also a nice little beach so bring your swimsuits because there is no air conditioning. The beach is a 2 minute walk from the pavilion. I have already reserved it come up and was $100 for the day. They do have electricity hookups. We can have the meeting 1st thing in the morning before it gets too hot and then fly afterwards. Ropb thinks the beach is less then 10 minutes from I-75 .

We will be training grid searches and orbits along with open-water SAR. Training is limited to 20 and please use the signup sheet to register.

Reactions: BigAl07
DSAR training is locked in for June 8th at Acworth Beach location at Lake Alatoona in north Georgia. The Acworth Beach Location is drone friendly and Rob booked pavilion number 4 for June 8th. There are nearby bathrooms, it is very close to the water, and plenty of parking if we get there early there is a children's play area and also a nice little beach so bring your swimsuits because there is no air conditioning. The beach is a 2 minute walk from the pavilion. I have already reserved it come up and was $100 for the day. They do have electricity hookups. We can have the meeting 1st thing in the morning before it gets too hot and then fly afterwards. Ropb thinks the beach is less then 10 minutes from I-75 .

We will be training grid searches and orbits along with open-water SAR. Training is limited to 20 and please use the signup sheet to register.

Outstanding!! Well done to all :)

@RCdancer I had signed up earlier, but went ahead and did it again as the venue had changed.
Thanks to the 3 of you for the heads up and all the work. If there is BBQ, we can plan on bringing some stuff to throw on it and make it an "event" :)

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mini2boost