DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Second Screen

Ruffy

Reactions
It's interesting that DJI added the ability for a slave remote but I doubt I'll ever use it. All I really want is the ability to connect a 2nd screen (phone / tablet) so my kids could watch while I control. Too bad the USB on the bottom of the remote doesn't seem to work this way.

Has anyone been able to do this?

It's interesting that DJI added the ability for a slave remote but I doubt I'll ever use it. All I really want is the ability to connect a 2nd screen (phone / tablet) so my kids could watch while I control. Too bad the USB on the bottom of the remote doesn't seem to work this way.

Has anyone been able to do this?
The Nvida Shield has a HDMI out you can do that with (but the Shield has its own issues now), I wonder if screen casting would work if you have compatible devices.
Regards,
-d.

So how does a slave screen actually work? Can someone explain further on this?

I have an iPad that is wifi only. I use my iPhone 7+ for primary screen with the Mavic Remote Controller. I want to have the tracking/follow person and maintain GPS location and so on.

My question is.... Would the second screen be able to control the camera but allow my iPhone 7+ to Control the aircraft? Or is it just for viewing purposes only?

I would like to know more about this option if someone can chime in.

Thanks,
Mike

So how does a slave screen actually work? Can someone explain further on this?

I have an iPad that is wifi only. I use my iPhone 7+ for primary screen with the Mavic Remote Controller. I want to have the tracking/follow person and maintain GPS location and so on.

My question is.... Would the second screen be able to control the camera but allow my iPhone 7+ to Control the aircraft? Or is it just for viewing purposes only?

I would like to know more about this option if someone can chime in.

Thanks,
Mike
It is not an option yet, you can get a second controller (that you can hook a second device to) but as of now there is no real second screen option.
Regards,
-d.

Have you looked into Litchi Vue? It's supposed to allow a second view screen, available in the iOS App Store.

To add more detail I've used it both with a big Samsung TV to fly from a friend's living room, and another android device running a receiver program. I don't think there are airplay receiver programs on iOS to do the equivalent, so you might indeed be limited to a dedicated solution like Litchi Vue (but then you have to fly using Litchi, which you may or may not like).

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peehead