DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

See my Mini 2 easily

This looks great. I'v put some 'white' prism tape on the front legs of my Mini 2 and a red version on the rear - I'm hoping that in addition to helping visibility this will help to determine orientation as well. Unfortunately, once I got to a local beauty spot to test this - first time the weather had been amenable to flying on a day off since mid-Decmber for me - I discovered at the last minute that I had left my phone at home!
Yup you have some timers.
Some times I remember everything . Some times I can't remember a thing. Have a great test next time.

Reactions: timsewell
I literally was sitting at lunch thinking about adding reflectors to my drone as an alternative to drones during daylight. I look at my email digest and here it is! Great minds, my friends!

I made a video today showing the mini sparkling as it flew. I cannot post it here, so I took a frame from the vid. This is the drone 300 ft from me on a clear today. It flashes and changes colors (red, green, white, orange) as it moves. Looks like a strobe light!

Best I can do....

View attachment 141417
I can hear on the news "UFO spotted" flying over xxxxx... :)

Thanks for sharing. I think this tape is made by 3M and the name is 3M "Engineer Grade Prismatic Reflective Sheeting" and the white (silver) color is the 3430 series. You can get it from many store, Amazon included.

Reactions: The_Gregors
It is reflective tape I bought from OReillys auto supply. (Best Price) . No metal foil, polymer based. It reflects ALL light from any source. That is it's function.

I used the rear so there won't be any effect to the camera operation and birds generally attack from behind. I have flown several missions, including Litchi waypoint missions with no problems to operations.
Can you provide a part number from OReillys? I checked there website and don't see any reflective tape that resembles yours. Thanks!

Can you provide a part number from OReillys? I checked there website and don't see any reflective tape that resembles yours. Thanks!
Strange I could not find it on their website either. I did buy it in store there. It was on the shelf peg board. My receipt says #TRM T0926 Chrome Tape.

Attachments

• Tape.jpg
    Tape.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 18
Strange I could not find it on their website either. I did buy it in store there. It was on the shelf peg board. My receipt says #TRM T0926 Chrome Tape.
Hi All - I found this the other day after stumbling onto this thread. The Part # and Line seem to match your receipt. This idea sounds great for better visibility.

1642544888511.png

Jackh - did you say the adhesive this product uses is not permanent and comes off the Mini2 easily w/o any residue?

Reactions: Jackh
Next time you're at the O'Reilly's Auto Parts website, search for part number 121gb. :D

Reactions: Tickboy
Hi All - I found this the other day after stumbling onto this thread. The Part # and Line seem to match your receipt. This idea sounds great for better visibility.

View attachment 142195

Jackh - did you say the adhesive this product uses is not permanent and comes off the Mini2 easily w/o any residue?
That's the stuff. And it does peel off fine.

That's impressive! It does look like a strobe. Can you post a short video clip? It might give some more idea of distance and reflectivity.

We've seen many topics about making our Drones too obvious… We never considered that they might be mistaken for… You know… Be afraid, be very afraid…ship.png

Why did you put it on top of you drone rather than just on the arms, for bird attacks?

I picked up some of the tape at Oreillys and flew my drone for the first time with the tape. WOW, what a difference it makes in visibility. There is no skin that could enhance the visibility better than this tape. It sparkles and reflects different colors from a long ways. Like the OP said, its like a having daytime strobe effect. Its easy to cut into narrow strips and mounting is simple. I probably didnt use 6" of tape to do mimic what the OP did on his drone. I added a longer strip on the top and put a strip on each side and a strip on each of the front facing, rear legs, plus the back side of all four legs. Thanks Jackh, for the great idea.drone.JPG

Last edited:
I was going to get a bright neon yellow or orange skin for mine to make it easier to see (and easier to find when it's down) but think I might get some of the Trimbright Prisma from O'Reillys instead, especially if it helps keep birds away too.

Reactions: SpitFire

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fast54