DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Selling Photos

Greatsign1

Reactions
I recently performed some work on a farm that has a nicer and bigger stable than my house. I asked if I could fly my drone around the property and offered to show them the pictures I shot. They like some of the pictures but would prefer I come back after they finish a few improvements to the property and after the landscape leafs out a bit more. I have never charged for pictures, what advice can you guys give me on pricing, etc. Thanks, any advice would be helpful!

Were you flying under FAA Part 107 rules at the time? If not, it probably would be best not to attempt to sell them or get involved in any type of free business transactions.

If you don't already operate commercially, you might consider this your "door-opener" opportunity. Return and re-shoot, get the owner to give you a brief as to what they are looking for beforehand and use that deployment to polish your technique. If you do gift the owner some shots as a gesture of goodwill, make sure they have your logo in a discreet but very visible position on every one and leave a good quality "contact" card with the asset owner for future reference.
Pricing per shot depends on what you do: a real estate shooter will charge less than an architectural photographer. A forensic quality photographer will charge even more. A Google search will throw up a pretty wide variety of pricing models that will give you a good baseline to work with regarding general and real estate work. But, if you do go commercial, the rules of deployment do change with the emphasis for relevant certification and P&P liability insurance.

Reactions: @Rip
I recently performed some work on a farm that has a nicer and bigger stable than my house. I asked if I could fly my drone around the property and offered to show them the pictures I shot. They like some of the pictures but would prefer I come back after they finish a few improvements to the property and after the landscape leafs out a bit more. I have never charged for pictures, what advice can you guys give me on pricing, etc. Thanks, any advice would be helpful!
Price your time and labor including transportation time and cost plus fra
Ing if needed and add in any extras you think are important such as drone
?$100 an hour???

Reactions: Len750 and @Rip
First and foremost make sure you are 107 certified. Then have a discussion with the owners and come to an agreement on a package, I usually do 20 or so photos and 5 video clips and charge for that package, editing is extra.

…But, if you do go commercial, the rules of deployment do change with the emphasis for relevant certification and P&P liability insurance.
The OP is in New Jersey. In the USA there is no liability insurance requirement. Still a very good idea!

Reactions: @Rip
The OP is in New Jersey. In the USA there is no liability insurance requirement. Still a very good idea!
You can get liability insurance through an app for as little as $ 10 a flight depending on the location and flight time. From Skywatch.AI. You set up an account and purchase it on the spot.
I never used it . I have yet to actually need it since I have only a few clients and they haven't requested I be insured.
How good is it? How good is any insurance, you don't really know until you place a claim.
When you have your 107 certification, prospective clients will assume you know what you're doing in most cases. At least for simple jobs. If you are flying near something you can damage with your drone ........ you make the call.

Reactions: Tufargon
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pleopard