DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sending in mavic to dji questions.

Jasonr38

Reactions
I had a crash I had my home point set 20 feet away flew 5 feet off the ground I hit rth and instead going back it went up into a tree. My gimble needs repair. If it's not pilot error will dji refund my refresher payment as I did buy the package from dji

I had a crash I had my home point set 20 feet away flew 5 feet off the ground I hit rth and instead going back it went up into a tree. My gimble needs repair. If it's not pilot error will dji refund my refresher payment as I did buy the package from dji
Likely it will be considered pilot error because it sounds like the altitude on the home point was set greater than 5 feet.
Someone in the forum can say better than I with your flight logs.

Reactions: Gindra and Thomas B
With refresh, they will replace it.
However.... a massive mistake is not reading what will happen in a RTH activation.
Please take a look at the manual.
This image is one I have on file...
rth.jpg

Without the logs, cannot tell for sure, but from reading your description of the short flight, you hit RTH 5 feet from the ground. That means that the drone will climb to the RTH height(what ever you set it at), and then procede home.
It climbed into the tree canopy.

With Refresh, DJI will replace it. Be sure and study the RTH like what is shown above so to avoid this happening again in the future!

If AC was only 20ft from HP, it should have just landed. Not sure what was meant by "HP set 20 ft away" though.

There's a certain distance from HP that it will just land, another distance that it will stay at current altitude and return, and beyond it will operate as usual. Depends on model though.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dominicus15