DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shakey stuttering turns?

ageer

Reactions
Anybody run into shaky/stuttering video when rotating the mavic? I dont know if it is the quad stuttering or somehow the video. the raw video does this as well (its not a biproduct of youtube) Here are a couple examples from my youtube channel - each video is cued at the stuttering point:

Hollywood sign flight

Huntington Beach smoke stacks

Not all of my videos exhibit this behavior - but most do. Bummed. Any insight is appreciated

Three experiments for you:
1) I doubt it's the quad, yaw is really no different from normal flight. Easy to check though: take it up and keep a close eye on it as you do some pirouettes. I anticipate no problem.
2) My guess is the compressed video data is exceeding what your SD card can cope with: Does this artifact occur when you fly sideways with no yaw component? I anticipate maybe, but not as bad.
3) What happens if you lower the video data rate? Try 1080 @ 24 as an experiment. I anticipate no problem.
If I'm right you just need to get a new SD card.

Reactions: MavicPro5280
Love the suggestion, and will try this out as a test. I do wonder if it were a data throughput issue, wouldn't all the data be choppy? Doesn't much matter because you've laid out a plan that will be easy to work though the process of elimination. Appreciate and will advise!

Ignore the spikes caused by I frames, look at the lower data trend. The low points of the bitrate graph (e.g. under the "MO" of "DEMO") correspond with long shots towards LA: Lots of easy-to-compress sky. The high points correspond with your stuttering. You cued the hollywood video at 1:13, which is 73 secs which *24 is frame 1752: right in the middle of the middle bump.

upload_2017-2-2_19-34-39.png

Reactions: dronebandit
Wow - no idea where you are getting this data from, but I appreciate it! The question is what determination does it make? The higher data rate suggests a bandwidth issue translating to my jittery video issue? And how to address if that is the case?
I was also thinking that I have changed the sensitivity of the controller sticks to be quite slow, and perhaps this is making it stutter?

How bout yaw slow and smooth as possible... at 4k 30fps i have to be careful not to yaw too fast or else the image can get choppy. To be expected at speed but its very smooth when u work the stick precise. Practice makes perfect

This is interesting.

I was doing some Aerial/Birds Eyes footage today and noticed some jerkiness.

I also for the first time received a SLOW SD CARD warning through the GO app. Not while taking this shot though.

Same problem?

Reactions: Drone Man Dan
Search the other threads on here .

Lots of people having this issue.
Mine is getting sent back to DJI as it's not normal and likely a sensor issue.

Sucks I know

notice how all the straight edges have this flashing stuttering effect?

Not normal.

Take your bird up and perform some super slow smooth 360 pans and review footage.

I bet it's noticable on that footage as well

Anybody run into shaky/stuttering video when rotating the mavic? I dont know if it is the quad stuttering or somehow the video. the raw video does this as well (its not a biproduct of youtube) Here are a couple examples from my youtube channel - each video is cued at the stuttering point:

Hollywood sign flight

Huntington Beach smoke stacks

Not all of my videos exhibit this behavior - but most do. Bummed. Any insight is appreciated

Is this not something that a slower shutter speed can help with - ie: add an ND?

notice how all the straight edges have this flashing stuttering effect?

Not normal.

Take your bird up and perform some super slow smooth 360 pans and review footage.

I bet it's noticable on that footage as well

This appears to have started with a new memory card with me as I can't see any stuttering in this one:

Mine has done so on same SD card DJI has supplied.

I have also tried cards that are better and have higher transfer rate and same issue unfortunately.

Sorry if this is common knowledge, however, has it been determined that the 16GB SD Card that's included with the Mavic Pro is NOT fast enough to support smooth 4k 30fps recording? I have a Sandisk UHS-3 card I plan to use when shooting footage I care about, so I never bothered to benchmark the included card.

When I was trying out POI mode at around 16mph around a large building (POI radius 500ft) I noticed this occasional stutter that isn't evident when flying forward or backwards, however, assumed it was the included card dropping frames

I have tried better cards and same issue.

So I dunno what to say..

Someone on another board mentioned that this was some kind of video compression issue, something to do with every 8th frame as a reference and there being too much change between frames when yawing fast. I don't really understand how the system operates. Mine does the same thing, but only when yawing too fast (and unfortunately that yaw speed is very low).

It's just more noticeable on yaw but also evident in fast forward flight.

Weird - Mine came with a Lexar 633x 16GB card

Attachments

• 81Pn3pIPzHL__SL1500_.jpg
    81Pn3pIPzHL__SL1500_.jpg
    182.6 KB · Views: 55
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member