DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Shaking at takeoff

JoMaMa

Reactions
Mavic is shaking when I take off. Wondering if it's the ecu. Anyone have any insight on what might be happening? I changed props from carbon fiber to normal. That did nothing. I recalibrated the compass and IMU. Still shaky... New motors maybe?

Is the whole drone shaking, just the gimbal, or just the video feed? When you first flew it when new with OEM DJI props, was it shaking? Was it shaking with the carbon fiber props?

It sounds like it's a prop problem and not an IMU problem.

Reactions: charliesRig
During descent, the quad can get caught up in it's own "down wash", if you apply some horizontal direction, the "fluttering" will disappear since you are flying through less turbulence.
This is true but it does not happen with the stock props.... I think it's just the way the mavic pro's esc's being different technology than the platinums, interact with the low noise props. I tried about 6 different pairs all from DJI no matter what I would occasionally get a "gimbal Shake error" and watch the gimbal shake up and down like it was on crack ....also if I was flying fast I would get the yellow light blinking which means something about the IMU in flight... I went back to stock it's just better

Last edited:
Reactions: LongRifle
This is true but it does not happen with the stock props.... I think it's just the way the mavic pro's esc's being different technology than the platinums, interact with the low noise props. I tried about 6 different pairs all from DJI no matter what I would occasionally get a gimbal Shaker and watch the gimbal shake up and down also if I was flying fast I would get the yellow light blinking which means something about the IMU in flight... I went back to stock it's just better
Is that what that yellow flashing lights mean, ive been getting that all the time on my Mavic I thought it was wind warning

Yes its some kind of imu warning.... I would always get those lights when I was flying by so I did a little research and this is what I found out anyway I put the stock props back on and do not have this problem anymore along with the shaking gimbal.... everything is good. it's a shame because low noise props look pretty sick on the mavic pro

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
obanat