DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

'sharpening' setting kills image quality

agour

Reactions
So I was watching a youtube video recently that stated using 0 or below on the 'sharpening' setting, kills image quality. see;

At 0 or below, the mavic kicks in noise reduction which turns details into a mushy mess. You cannot fix this in post.

I've just tested it, and found that down to 0 it's fine. At -1 or below the image quality gets affected.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? I've been flying around with sharpening set to -2 for ages, which is quite annoying!

In low light it soon goes mushy on -1 or lower.
I mostly use all on zero and d-log and it's good to edit now.
I find at +1 there's a distracting haze of sharpening artefacts.
The video suggests using neat image or other noise reduction tools which will help - but make rendering much slower.

There's no 'correct' settings, videos don't need to always look cut glass sharp.
This is why there are options you can easily adjust

So I was watching a youtube video recently that stated using 0 or below on the 'sharpening' setting, kills image quality. see;

At 0 or below, the mavic kicks in noise reduction which turns details into a mushy mess. You cannot fix this in post.

I've just tested it, and found that down to 0 it's fine. At -1 or below the image quality gets affected.

Has anyone else noticed this problem? I've been flying around with sharpening set to -2 for ages, which is quite annoying!
Hi. I learned from watching someone's youtube video about settings that if you set sharpening to +1, you keep the camera from kicking in its noise reduction artifacts and then he said he used NEAT - a plugin in that softens that sharpening to give him the perfect image. Neat reduces noice. But it is a fault expensive plugin for what it does.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ryanhafeman