DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

shooting down a drone to steal it?

motopokep

Reactions
I recently read a comment under a Youtube drone video that the author had his drone shot down and stolen. WTF? I see how someone will want to shoot a drone down, either for "fun", or because it's low over their backyard, for privacy reasons... but a drone enthusiast shooting a drone to get it down so he can fix it and use it...or maybe for selling. anyone had this happen?

Thank God civilians in Australia are not allowed to have any sort of guns (except for hunters ...).

:D

Last edited:
Thunderdrones did say he was running low on arms and gimbal parts.............:rolleyes:

Jake

He'll be automatically a "person of interest" if my Mav gets shot down and I manage to see FPV of a guy shoving it into a backpack custom-carved for the Mavic :D

I do imagine some time in the distant future they'll develop a drone-capturing device that you can attach to a drone that will come down from above on the drone being captured, deactivate the props, and carry it away in a net. There's an idea for Thurderdrones:) I expect royalty fees :)

Reactions: lightbg
He'll be automatically a "person of interest" if my Mav gets shot down and I manage to see FPV of a guy shoving it into a backpack custom-carved for the Mavic :D

I do imagine some time in the distant future they'll develop a drone-capturing device that you can attach to a drone that will come down from above on the drone being captured, deactivate the props, and carry it away in a net. There's an idea for Thurderdrones:) I expect royalty fees :)

They already have it - they're called hawks.
Here's what happened to me earlier today:

Anybody remember the movie "Rodan?"

Jake

I recently read a comment under a Youtube drone video that the author had his drone shot down and stolen. WTF? I see how someone will want to shoot a drone down, either for "fun", or because it's low over their backyard, for privacy reasons... but a drone enthusiast shooting a drone to get it down so he can fix it and use it...or maybe for selling. anyone had this happen?
I think that's what happened to Elvis's drone.

Reactions: shoemaker

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BLEKOK