DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Short Mavic 2 Zoom flight times??

mrreddog

Reactions
I have approximately 50 flights with my Mavic 2 Zoom and have been getting 21-23 min. flight time across 4 batteries, anybody else with same deal??
My Mavic Pro 1 gets slightly better times occasionally. I figured DJI's claim of 31 would get at least 25 min. ??

I run both M1 & M2 down to 15-20% and get pretty much the same 21-23 min. Max. Now there are also times I get much lower, like 16-18 when wind is high....
What are your M2 full flight times like, or some of your better times??

I run both M1 & M2 down to 15-20% and get pretty much the same 21-23 min. Max. Now there are also times I get much lower, like 16-18 when wind is high....
What are your M2 full flight times like, or some of your better times??

M2 seems to last longer, even though it has a similar mah battery. Maybe its a more efficient design, and overpowered battery, but I usually get 20 minutes. I land with a conservative battery reserve.

Yea, I do run my batteries pretty far down, but, Im very **** about getting them off the drone and a fan blowing on em. I even made a little tray on the underside of a cardboard box, with little foam blocks that the mavics line up with so the air gets under the bottom. Plop it down after every flight & kick the fan on. Dont know if it really helps or not?

I'm getting 23-24 minutes on my M2P before the low battery warning beeps start. That's flying in P mode and taking pictures/videos.

Yup it’s false advertising.. I got 29 minutes once going down to 12% but all I did was hover the entire time taking hyperlapse.

Otherwise 20 minutes it’s pretty average.. definitely a bit disappointed in that.

It seems like there's no definitive answer to battery times. I have 5 batteries for the M2. M2 bought 7 months ago the battery that came with the M2 gets 27 min @ 100% charge. Since then I been buying batteries. The last battery bought 3 months ago get 29 min@100% charge.... The second battery bought gets 28 min@100charge, third. Gets 28 min@100 charged, fourth gets 28.54 min. I believe if I wrote this again 4 months from now my minutes may be less across the board.

My actual flight time 21-23 minutes for Battery #1 Battery #2 22-24 min. Battery #3 22-23 min. Battery #4 23-25 min. Battery #5 24--26 min... Battery Warning set at 20%

Last edited:
I have approximately 50 flights with my Mavic 2 Zoom and have been getting 21-23 min. flight time across 4 batteries, anybody else with same deal??
My Mavic Pro 1 gets slightly better times occasionally. I figured DJI's claim of 31 would get at least 25 min. ??
This may be an Altitude thing for some...
I get consistently 13-14 minutes ONLY... with 20% Landed
I have 5 Batteries

But Note that Im at 6000ft Altitude -Sea Level - Requires More SPIN of the motors through thinner air to hover etc [Johannesburg, SOuth Africa.]

There is no question that when I go to the coast (at 0ft asl) on holiday - My time nearly doubles

Their (DJI) 31 mins - may have been measured in basic hover mode - …. at sea level … and keeping it up till 0% battery (Pushing the left stick up on RTH autoland)

For Reference See "Extract from FAA Training" > Click
Helicopter Performance - Factors
A helicopter’s performance is dependent on the power output of the engine and the lift production of the rotors, whether it is the main rotor(s) or tail rotor. Any factor that affects engine and rotor efficiency affects performance. The three major factors that affect performance are density altitude, weight, and wind.

Last edited:
I get around 23min from 100% to when it wants to land.
The 30min figure is for very ideal conditions, which includes it moving at a moderate speed.

Mine is set at 40% with 20% for critical. I find the battery power decline accelerated and is scary fast from 20% down.

Interesting.. My low is 25% and critical is 15%.. Out of 93 flights, the best I've ever done is 24 minutes going down to 18% battery with lots of hovering during the flight.

So it looks like most of us are getting similar times, and its very dependant on what percentage we all land at, and location height. Im 630ft above sea level, and run my 1st batt warning at stock 25%. And I dont know where the hell DJI got 31 min. From, they say hovering gets shorter flight times than moving. I guess the aero takes a less power when moving.. who knows??

I'm wondering if DJI also includes sub-zero SoC, or plays fair and only goes to critical auto-land without fighting the landing.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Surprise