DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I add a Spark to my Air for $379?

Epp1983

Reactions
Hey guys!

The site from where I purchased my Mavic Air just got the Spark on sale at $379 (320€).
I was thinking about getting one just for the fun of it and to let my wife try it out (instead of risking her ruining my MA).
But both drones being so simillar in functionality is there any point to it?
What would you do?

Here's the link if you're curious about it.
DJI Spark Mini RC Selfie Drone - $379.00 Free Shipping|GearBest.com

If you do decide to buy it, get a package that includes a remote controller instead. Flying the Spark with virtual joysticks on a mobile device isn't much fun. It's not easy to control, the flight distance is limited, and you cannot enable sport mode to fly faster.

The Mavic Air pretty much flies itself and would be very hard for anyone to mess up. I think you would be fine without it. What you could do, is spend some of the extra money on DJI Refresh +. In the event you or your wife have an accident, you could get a repair/replacement.

The Mavic Air pretty much flies itself and would be very hard for anyone to mess up. I think you would be fine without it. What you could do, is spend some of the extra money on DJI Refresh +. In the event you or your wife have an accident, you could get a repair/replacement.

Exactly.

Reactions: s2seyecle
Just tonight I am reminded how nice it is to have a spark as an extra drone. My Mavic gave me a gimbal error suddenly and it's going off to thunderdrones for repair. While it's out I won't be suffering from withdrawal. :) Just something to keep in mind if you can swing it.

Last edited:
Just tonight I am reminded how nice it is to have a spark as an extra drone. My Mavic have me a gimbal error suddenly and it's going off to thunderdrones for repair. While it's out I won't be suffering from withdrawal. :) Just something to keep in mind if you can swing it.

Good suggestion. Spark would make a good backup, more portable drone.

Just tonight I am reminded how nice it is to have a spark as an extra drone. My Mavic have me a gimbal error suddenly and it's going off to thunderdrones for repair. While it's out I won't be suffering from withdrawal. :) Just something to keep in mind if you can swing it.
I use my Spark all the time. It's a great addition to anyone's drone collection and the easiest to set up for flight. As Thunderdrones stated, it is very portable.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
seaphotos