DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I buy Smart controller on Black Friday Sale along with the Mavic 2Pro

I absolutely love my SC. I purchased it as a bundle with MP since it was only $470 extra vs $749.

- The build quality is superb, looks very professional
- Screen is crazy bright. Indoors I dial it down to 20% so I don't go blind.
- Super fast from taking it out of my bag and being up in the air.
- No wires, brackets, and all that to setup before flying. I was the worst at that.
- Screen is plenty big for me, especially coming from a cell phone.

I highly recommend purchasing the PGYTECH Protective Cover. Got mine on Amazon. It fits perfectly, and allows you to safely leave your joysticks on. One less thing to do before takeoff and you will need something to protect that screen while in storage anyways.

There might be other brands now, but was the only I could find when it came out.

PGYTECH-for-DJI-Smart-Controller-TPU-Black-.jpg

So I have this dilemma. Have been flying Mavic Air for over a year and now feel comfortable moving up to Mavic 2 Pro, anticipating Black Friday purchase from DJI in 2 days from now. Very confused if I should spring for the smart controller (also on sale) . So I went onto You Tube and looked at all of the smart controller videos, and am really confused now. Looks like a huge learning curve.
I've been very happy using my 9 inch iPad for screen and enjoy the big screen view. Should I just stay with the iPad and Skyreat clamp for Mavic holder???

There our really only 3 reasons why you might want to consider the Smart Controller over the Ipad , Weather , rain ,snow cold you cannot beat the Smart Controller as it Bright really bright , its weather proof as we can attest to and it super easy to work with , no real learning curve . You also might consider resale value of your drone, that smart controller can really add to the value making it an easy resale.

Phantomrain.org
Elite gear to fly your drone
Coal

There our really only 3 reasons why you might want to consider the Smart Controller over the Ipad , Weather , rain ,snow cold you cannot beat the Smart Controller as it Bright really bright , its weather proof as we can attest to and it super easy to work with , no real learning curve . You also might consider resale value of your drone, that smart controller can really add to the value making it an easy resale.

Phantomrain.org
Elite gear to fly your drone
Coal
I'm not sure how to message you but this is applicable to the entire forum. I am right now on the cusp of pulling the trigger now over the Mavic 2 Pro tomorrow. I have been on the internet for several hours looking at vendors in addition to DJI. One of my hang ups is that I have this perfectly new Mavic Air! I crashed my old Mavic Air and sent it in with DJI Refresh to Houston facility and received a brand new one back about a month or so ago I have flow the new one 7 times, for a total of 20 minutes of flight according to my flight log. So I want to see if I can do a sale or trade in, which I definitely cannot do with DJI. However, with DJI I do not have to pay sales tax which is about $108.00 in Florida. So I Am trying to balance the pros and cons. In addition, I am annoyed with DJI for not also putting the Fly More kit on the Black Friday sale. I would really like to talk to a USA vendor about all of this. With respect to the screen, I am extremely happy with using the 9.5 inch 32GB iPad as I am doing with Mavic Air. I do not care to fly in rain and there is no snow or cold in Florida. The image on the iPad is very adequately bright for my use.

Hi dale, I have followed many of your posts

So there is something that I would like you to think about:

DJI is the worst to buy from . I would do everything in my power to buy directly from an electronics store , somewhere close where you can take it back immediately if its a dud, this alone is well worth any extra money .

I hope that makes sense, I would drive 4 hours to get a store , hope im making my point clear.
If you get a dud your looking at months of red tape to get a refurbished one back rather than a brand new in the box one from the store.

Good luck,.

Hi dale, I have followed many of your posts

So there is something that I would like you to think about:

DJI is the worst to buy from . I would do everything in my power to buy directly from an electronics store , somewhere close where you can take it back immediately if its a dud, this alone is well worth any extra money .

I hope that makes sense, I would drive 4 hours to get a store , hope im making my point clear.
If you get a dud your looking at months of red tape to get a refurbished one back rather than a brand new in the box one from the store.

Good luck,.
Hi- thanks for following my posts- I try to make them of value to the forum and hope they are not boring. I believe I have helped out a few member along the way with my expertise in Adobe Premiere, and Adobe Photoshop (which I already did today).

I love this forum and it is one of the best things about owning a drone. I wish I had this support with all of my electronics and cameras and software.

To address your post, I have indeed been frustrated with DJI because of the language barrier I encounter when I need tech support like recently pairing my new, replaced Mavic Air with my controller. It took several frustrating calls to Houston and I wound up figuring it out myself with You Tubes, etc. But I must admit that they rapidly replaced my Mavic Air on the DJI Refresh with a brand new unit. Also in DJI defense, I ordered an Osmo Action 3 and got it in 6 days from China!

I did, in fact, check out Amazon and Best Buy and they are honoring the Black Friday sales ( but not the Fly More Pack).

So my dilemma now is to either "eat" the Mavic Air and own two drones, or try to trade in the Mavic Air to offset the $ for the new Mavic 2 Pro. If I could trade in the Mavic Air (along with the fly more pack on a perfectly new Mavic Air) it would really help offset and help me purchase the Mavic2 Pro.

Not sure why you cannot just sell the Mavic air on ebay or craigslist. >

I have purchased from DJI, Amazon, Drone-Works, and just purchased the Mavic 2-SC combo from DJI Drone Service. Had not had any issues with any of my purchases. If you purchase from DJI Drone Service you can save an additional $100 with coupon code. I don’t see how having more than one drone is a problem. I have the original Mavic Pro but will probably sell it. You could sell your Mavic Air on this forum or eBay if you don’t want to keep it.

Thanks Randy and Phantomrain. I will be calling DJI Drone Service tomorrow.

As @randy53 said - post it here in the classified - you have a captive audience of people interested in drones

I am trying to justify the expense of a Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual - I would keep my MA and let my wife fly it

I'm not sure how to message you but this is applicable to the entire forum. I am right now on the cusp of pulling the trigger now over the Mavic 2 Pro tomorrow. I have been on the internet for several hours looking at vendors in addition to DJI. One of my hang ups is that I have this perfectly new Mavic Air! I crashed my old Mavic Air and sent it in with DJI Refresh to Houston facility and received a brand new one back about a month or so ago I have flow the new one 7 times, for a total of 20 minutes of flight according to my flight log. So I want to see if I can do a sale or trade in, which I definitely cannot do with DJI. However, with DJI I do not have to pay sales tax which is about $108.00 in Florida. So I Am trying to balance the pros and cons. In addition, I am annoyed with DJI for not also putting the Fly More kit on the Black Friday sale. I would really like to talk to a USA vendor about all of this. With respect to the screen, I am extremely happy with using the 9.5 inch 32GB iPad as I am doing with Mavic Air. I do not care to fly in rain and there is no snow or cold in Florida. The image on the iPad is very adequately bright for my use.

I used DJI's Trade Up program when I upgraded from Mavic 1 to 2. Worked really easy. Took 8 days from the day I shipped from Miami to getting the credit online in my account. Was maybe $100 lower than I could have sold it, but DJI does pay shipping which is usually a seller cost if I sold on ebay. Plus it was just hassle free.

I used DJI's Trade Up program when I upgraded from Mavic 1 to 2. Worked really easy. Took 8 days from the day I shipped from Miami to getting the credit online in my account. Was maybe $100 lower than I could have sold it, but DJI does pay shipping which is usually a seller cost if I sold on ebay. Plus it was just hassle free.
Haven't done eBay in a while but I always had buyer pay the shipping costs - never had a problem with them doing it.

As @randy53 said - post it here in the classified - you have a captive audience of people interested in drones

I am trying to justify the expense of a Mavic 2 Enterprise Dual - I would keep my MA and let my wife fly it
I

I just found it along with the Fly More 10 Piece Kit. Would that also be on sale?
Can get u a deal on the dual
Pm if Interested

Haven't done eBay in a while but I always had buyer pay the shipping costs - never had a problem with them doing it.

On smaller items or cheap items its probably easier to slip shipping to buyer, but with drones I think its around $40 by the time you add the extra insurance to cover around $1000 or more. Going the cheapest route at USPS flat rate boxes. UPS/FED ex probably much more. I know as a buyer I certainly look at that, my net costs when comparing sellers.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tarizzman