DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I reset my smart controller back to factory settings

Feather Ridge

Reactions
As a new drone pilot of a Mavic 2 Pro of one month, there are so many suggestions for settings that I must have overloaded.
1. I cannot use go share to move any photos from my controller to my phone. I have to connect the drone to get any footage. I'm sure I have a setting or two causing the conflict, but can't figure it out.
2. Color on still shots have a blue tint, even using the automatic settings.
3. I've tried to copy files from the controller to a usb flash drive with no success.

I cannot share any videos through email or text because of their size.

I've talked to Mavic support (not much support). Their solution was to send the drone back for diagnostics. However, I have no confidence in the person to whom I was talking.

So, should I try to reset the controller back to factory settings? There's really nothing on there that I can't live without. Thoughts please? Thanks for helping a newbie!

Ces

As a new drone pilot of a Mavic 2 Pro of one month, there are so many suggestions for settings that I must have overloaded.
1. I cannot use go share to move any photos from my controller to my phone. I have to connect the drone to get any footage. I'm sure I have a setting or two causing the conflict, but can't figure it out.
2. Color on still shots have a blue tint, even using the automatic settings.
3. I've tried to copy files from the controller to a usb flash drive with no success.

I cannot share any videos through email or text because of their size.

I've talked to Mavic support (not much support). Their solution was to send the drone back for diagnostics. However, I have no confidence in the person to whom I was talking.

So, should I try to reset the controller back to factory settings? There's really nothing on there that I can't live without. Thoughts please? Thanks for helping a newbie!

Ces
Try it. Use the reset option to be sure you get them all.

Try manual camera settings for ISO and shutter. You should not have a blue caste.

I dL my files to my computer directly by putting the SD card from the drone into the slot on my computer. I also save both RAW and jpeg.

Best of luck

Reactions: JS1600
So, there are several ways how media can be setup.

First thing - connect to drone and open photo/video settings last page and reset gimbal settings to default.

Next - you need to decide how you want to access your files. Like stated in post above, the usual way is to save files to an SD card in the drone. To share those videos you would need to set sd card as destination in go4 app settings. Then you would get card out, copy files to PC, post file to YouTube and then you can share that link.

Next, you can also insert SD card to smart controller. Mount it as an internal storage and choose to 'transfer data' option after that. Be careful - it will be a part of Android OS after that, so do not pull it out while SC is running!

Now as you got SD card in the SC - you can set in photo options to cache media to the device sd card - that means drone will also make copies of photos and videos on the SC. Videos will be of worse quality, but photos will be same. Those copies are ones SC can share.

Try it, and look on YouTube for videos explaining this setup.

Reactions: JS1600
Perhaps post an example of the blue pictures.
Transferring full sized (20mb!) images from the drone to your phone over wifi doesn't make much sense, it will be pretty slow and use up your battery,
Usually a lower resolution but usable photo will be saved directly on your phone already.

So, there are several ways how media can be setup.

First thing - connect to drone and open photo/video settings last page and reset gimbal settings to default.

Next - you need to decide how you want to access your files. Like stated in post above, the usual way is to save files to an SD card in the drone. To share those videos you would need to set sd card as destination in go4 app settings. Then you would get card out, copy files to PC, post file to YouTube and then you can share that link.

Next, you can also insert SD card to smart controller. Mount it as an internal storage and choose to 'transfer data' option after that. Be careful - it will be a part of Android OS after that, so do not pull it out while SC is running!

Now as you got SD card in the SC - you can set in photo options to cache media to the device sd card - that means drone will also make copies of photos and videos on the SC. Videos will be of worse quality, but photos will be same. Those copies are ones SC can share.

Try it, and look on YouTube for videos explaining this setup.
I use the remove SD card to computer method as well. You can also just USB the files from the AC to your computer, and access both the internal and external memory.

If you are shooting stills or video, I am not sure why you want to store them on the controller?

The controller has a cache where you can get low res 1080p short clips from flights. The cache I would recommend not allowing any larger than 2GB as you only have around 11 GB of total ram on a SC. The cache is an automated process, and if you hit the max of 2GB (assuming you have set it to that limit), it wil over write the oldest material with newest.

For photos, do you see a blue tint on the images on the SC? Could be a White balance issue, but the only WB setting that would cause this is an indoor lighting incandescent also called Tungsten. If you see the correct color cast on the SC screen, that is what you should be recording.

I would strongly recommend you use a SD card 32GB or larger in the drone, and have all your photos written to the SD card. Then all the videos and photos can be transferred to a PC/Mac by just taking the card from the drone. I would also consider purchasing several cards and swapping them out after each flight, just in case anything happens to the drone, you won’t lose all your shots.

Trying to write to the SC is time consuming and if you can write to the SC during flight, I sure would stop that (not sure if that is possible), as you are sending a lot of data over the SC connection (HD) and odds are you will get incomplete data due to the link.

You can always see the images you have taken on the SC card (in the drone) by hitting the play button. You should be able to transfer these images to a SD card in the SC, (I never do this so hopefully someone else with more knowledge on that process can add info).

With a iPhone or Android phone, with standard controller, you can send images to your phone or use the DJIGO4 app to create short videos and send those to your phone.

With a SC, you don’t have the same type of connection (phone like AT&T Verizon etc), so you to transfer an image from the SC, you would need to connect to a WiFi network. But it won’t be as smooth as getting images into a cloud like environment like iCloud (moving images from Drone to phone to iCloud). I believe you can also copy images/videos from your drone SD card to a SD card in the SC, but again tor me it’s just simpler to take the card out of the drone, and move it to my Mac or PC.

Paul C

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78