DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I Update My Firmware?

Budge

Reactions
I have a Mavic Pro and I'm using an iPad Mini 4. My DJI Go4 App is version 4.2.16. My aircraft is 01.04.000, remote controller 01.04.000, aircraft database 01.00.01.05, app database 01.00.01.09, and basic database 01.00.01.07.

Should I update my firmware and Go4 app? What are the pros and cons?

Thanks.

Thanks. I have the usual concerns about being able to roll back my firmware, maintaining less restrictions from DJI, and overall stability. But I'm also concerned about having the a pretty current app with much older firmware. I haven't read anything that suggests that's a problem but I'm not sure.

There are 2 basic approaches. 1 - don't fix it if it isn't broken. 2 - you may be missing critical fixes if you don't update, and eventually this is gonna hit you.

Personally i prefer the first approach with DJI. Feel free to search the forum for all the pros and cons of both approaches, but generally speaking, i find that running a FW, that i can override the limitations on, and that i know has always been perfectly stable for me on multiple flights, along with the modified app, that doesn't force me to update, login, go online, etc, to be a major pro here.

I stay on the latest of everything myself and have no issue .
Me too. I have no need to try to override limitations/defaults, fly in locations where it's illegal to fly, etc., so the current firmware has always served me well.

Reactions: dirkclod
Well i can add that i was having really bad lag/pixelation on my live video feed for the past few weeks. It started right after the version .20 update. Today i uninstalled, and downloaded the older .16. It is back to perfect now. This is using a samsung s7.

not sure what firmwaire panorama was introduced but for me thats the firmwaire i wanted, i have mine modded and it took me a long time so my mav will never see the internet ever again, i have it like i want it and she works,,,,,so thats where she will stay

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Albrecht0803