DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Should I update from 01.03.0800 to the lastest firmware? - New Mavic, New Pilot

Hawkeye

Reactions
Hello everyone!

I just got my Mavic and haven't flown it yet. I already activated it and was wondering if I should update from 01.03.0800 (out of the box) to the latest firmware or just leave it as it is. What would be the pros and cons of my current firmware vs the latest? I'm on iOS (iPhone 6S) in case that's relevant.

Here is my aircraft and controller information:

WhatsApp Image 2018-03-07 at 11.50.24 PM.jpeg

I have done some research and nobody seems to agree on the firmware update vs no-update topic.

Thank you in advance,

Hawkeye.

nooooooo dont update, if u want to mod your bird the firmware u have is beter, if u update u have to roll back if u want to mod it, if modding isnt your thing then the update is good, i belive they introduced pano mode in a update from what u have and i believe u wont be able to use gogles unless u update but i could be wrong

Go ahead and update to the latest firmware, I did recently and tested it and it is pretty solid.

Reactions: WAXMAN
nooooooo dont update, if u want to mod your bird the firmware u have is beter, if u update u have to roll back if u want to mod it, if modding isnt your thing then the update is good, i belive they introduced pano mode in a update from what u have and i believe u wont be able to use gogles unless u update but i could be wrong
The goggles work fine on 700. If you want the head tracking, the goggles need to be on 700 as well.

Personally, I wouldnt update. I would actually roll back to 700. It is very stable and allows removing things such as height limit and nfzs.

Reactions: Flycaster
The goggles work fine on 700. If you want the head tracking, the goggles need to be on 700 as well.

Personally, I wouldnt update. I would actually roll back to 700. It is very stable and allows removing things such as height limit and nfzs.
ahh good to know, i thought i read gogles only worked on newer firmware, yes dont update turn off all updates and stay where u are, in fact i will trade u my updated bird with only a few hours of time on her and some cash haha, i want to go back to 700 and i am strugglinng with rollback

What do you want?
I'm going back to .0700 to have the restrictions removed since I like to fly high up the mountains and 1620 ft isn't high enough and coming down from 1,600+ is too slow.
My friend and his Mavic won't give up the active track and quck-shot picture modes so he's staying at 1.04.0100 since those are not available on 1.03.08 or erlier.

body seems to agree on the firmware update vs no-update topic.Hawkeye.

Never update ANY app or firmware that you cannot roll back out of. NEVER! Turn off all software auto updates on all your hardware. If possible, avoid all contact with the internet. If you need to update the NFZs, with DJI Assistant 2 you can "refresh" your current firmware after doing so. You do NOT need to update it.

Reactions: Flycaster
.400 and .700 are the most stable releases, I am still on .400 from when I open the FMC over a year ago, and 4.0.5? for the Go app. Zero restrictions, zero silly questions....
The Mavic AC, RC, Go4 app, and Assistant have only been on the web once, when activating, and buying the care/refresh. When I power up my Mavic, wifi at home is off, on phone is off, on tabby is off.

I decide when Mavic talks to DJI........

Reactions: Blades

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robqwe