DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Pro SITZERLAND Mountains, Trains, Lakes and more

Paul, your 40 hours on edit were well spent. I have invited the whole family over to watch on a large screen. Some have been to Switzerland. The others will be wishing to go. I usually will not watch a clip this long because of poor editing that becomes boring. As you can see already, from the posted comments, your skills make this one worth it. If you ever come to the Grand Canyon, let me know. I have a small plane and would love to show you the birds eye view!
Nick

Hi all,
you migth think oh Jesus, 12 minutes it´s way too long!? Yes, that seems really long, but regarding the contents of the video it´s rather short?
Enjoy it and I think you won´t be disappointed ?

cheers Paul

This might have been the best amateur drone/land video compilation that I have ever watched. One minute in and I got my wife and we both watched the entire thing, never once feeling like a shot went too long. Enjoyed the mix of land-based video as well as the music and inclusion of real sound. And of course, many moments of wonder at the beauty of that country. Super impressed, this is a gold standard.

Reactions: Brojon
Ok. Great video - really head and shoulders over most I've seen.
I have questions. _Please don't be shy or concerned about answering them - I ask for myself.
Summer before last my wife had a conference in Basel. I was there and in Bavaria for about 2 weeks. I had my MP and Spark with me, EU legal tags and the required 1M Euro insurance complete with incidental liability coverage.
I came back with ZERO footage because I was told:
- no flying over waterways
- no flying over or within 100m of a road
- no flying within 150m of a residential dwelling
- no flying over preserves or protected lands (most land it seems)
Given those restrictions I did very little flying and even that was a failure because of privacy laws.
Example - I stayed at a delightful B&B in the Black Forest region. I asked the owner for permission to fly and he said sure. He just wanted some video for his own use.
So I got some video of his establishment for him and flew back towards the mountains. It was great!
I landed and soon after the owner came up with his neighbor who had privacy concerns that his property was in the video and firmly said I had to destroy the video. He watched while I did so.
That is the kind of utter stupidity than I ran in to several times even with my DSLR. The entire EU seems to have gone daft with privacy issues.
So given my experience - how on earth were you able to capture those images?
I'm thinking that what is said and written must be vastly different than the reality.
I ask also because we're slated to visit Europe again next year and I am unwilling to waste time dragging drones around if I can't use them.

Hi all,
you migth think oh Jesus, 12 minutes it´s way too long!? Yes, that seems really long, but regarding the contents of the video it´s rather short?

cheers Paul

Absolutely gorgeous scenery and 5 star editing. Bravo. I can hardly wait to visit!

Yeah I had a lot of questions about flying over what seems like restricted areas.

Here is one official drone map.

Look around at the zones over the city of Luzern. Most of the historic center and the lake area where the boats depart are restricted. Most of Lake Luzern is restricted. I don't think there's an airport nearby but guessing a lot of heliports.

I saw several shots around Luzern in the video. There was one low shot flying along the famous Kapellbruke, which is a high-traffic area so the drone would be noticed.

Then the shots at the top of peaks, probably at 2500-3000 meters. My guess is you'd have to take a cable car up to the peak and launch from there? You're not for instance going to launch from say launch from Lauterbrunnen (another restricted area) and fly up several hundred meters to Wengen and film above it.

Still great video but it seems to show a lot of areas where drone pilots without special license would not be allowed to fly legally.

Which drone was used?

Reactions: Brojon
Hi all,

cheers Paul

Actually, I thought it was way too short! Beautiful, thanks for sharing!

Hello Jack43, first of all I think the video was well done. As a Swiss, I wonder, as well as Brojon and wco81, how you had the courage to fly over our Capitol in Bern as well as in several other critical places. You must have received warnings in the screen that this is forbidden. OK you come from "Schwabenland"(Germany) and do not stay in Switzerland after the recordings. Nevertheless, it would be honest if you answer the questions otherwise gives the whole thing a bad example.

Hi to all the writers from posting 44 to posting 51
Thanks you very much for all the very positive feedbacks!
As noted in Youtube The footage comes from Pexel.com and Youtube. A few ground based shots comes from my archive.
In other words: All the drone shots were shot by other people!
As I had nothing to do the last couple of weeks I decided to edit a video about Switzerland. I collected a lot of footage and finally I started to edit. I did color corrections, some croppings and the sound of trains and rivers and I had a great pleasure to do that "job" ?

During the editing I also asked myself many times, how the heck were shot some of the delicate shots, as flying over rural areas. One explication I thing it´s the fact: I one starts a drone on a field nearby a town after the drone rised about 60-70 meters no one can hear it and of course no one can see ist. In that way it´s possibel to make nice, but often illegally shots!
There are also some shots which are made qiute close to subjects as for example the shot at Lucerne nearby the "Kappel-Bridge" I think that one was made by a guy which had the permisson, which one can demand...aand of course one has to pay for such shots! BTW, I did not use footage with a copyright sign!
Right now I am editing a video about the southern part of Switzerland calles Tessin, it´s a canton of Switzerland!

Chhers to all of you and thanks for the many feedbacks!
Paul

Grieze,

Very nice Paul, you should be very proud of your collecting the video clips and organising them the way you did.

I have been to Davos a couple of times from Australia fro skiing, and love the train ride from Zurich through to Davos. I have just started using mavic Pro , and appreciate you answering the questions about flying. It is becoming difficult in Australia as well to get permissions, but there are still lots of places you can fly. Getting permission first is sometimes a great idea.

I think your patience and determination to get your compilation to your own standard is the reason everyone comments how nice it is. Well done. Thanks.

Marty

Very nice Paul, you should be very proud of your collecting the video clips and organising them the way you did.

I have been to Davos a couple of times from Australia fro skiing, and love the train ride from Zurich through to Davos. I have just started using mavic Pro , and appreciate you answering the questions about flying. It is becoming difficult in Australia as well to get permissions, but there are still lots of places you can fly. Getting permission first is sometimes a great idea.

I think your patience and determination to get your compilation to your own standard is the reason everyone comments how nice it is. Well done. Thanks.
Hi Marty,
thank you very much for your nice comment! I´m glad to read that you know parts of my beautiful country ? I think that in such a big country as Australia one should find many amazing spots where drone flying should be ok and allowed, especially in the outback or other remote places!
As I like it very much to edit videos-mostly own footage- I am very pleased with this amazing hobby. I do it since 54 years...Oh what an old geezer I am ? Tis is the first time I did edit footage which comes from other perons! Whay not. As long as I do not claim that it´s my video it´s ok I think ?

Thanks again and enjoy your "new toy" happy flying ??
cheers Paul

Great video Jack! I just saw this new video of Zurich a couple days ago, what a fantastic place! This one is a bit different with the editing style but sure caught my attention!

Great video Jack! I just saw this new video of Zurich a couple days ago, what a fantastic place! This one is a bit different with the editing style but sure caught my attention!
thank you Jim ? Wow the Zürich Video is amazing. That editing is rather an "action-editing" but I like it how the guy did it! cheers Paul

Very well done. My wife and I were to take a 3..5-week vacation to Switzerland last May 2020, planning to travel and see the sites using the excellent train network. Sadly, due to COVID, we had to interrupt our plans. Will definitely go, probably in the Spring of 2022, hopefully when the world has the pandemic under control.

Very well done. My wife and I were to take a 3..5-week vacation to Switzerland last May 2020, planning to travel and see the sites using the excellent train network. Sadly, due to COVID, we had to interrupt our plans. Will definitely go, probably in the Spring of 2022, hopefully when the world has the pandemic under control.
Hi Apeel,
thanks for your nice comment ? I hope for you and your wife thet the dream to visite Switzerland becomes true. All my finger crossed ???
cheers Paul

Hi all,

cheers Paul

Beautiful Paul!! I was born in Switzerland beautiful video!!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidt2