DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Sliding Thingy in left RC phone holder?

Reactions
Ok my dumb question for the month here. What's the little black sliding thing used for in the left Phone holder of the Mavic RC? I'm assuming it's a guide for the Lightning connector but mine is too wide and won't go in it. Thoughts?

It's supposed to hold the cable in place. I removed it from my remote controller since it's easiest to use the cable without it.

Reactions: beamerbuilder1
It holds the back of the little short black cables that come with the Mavic. Most others will not fit in it properly.

You should have a few of those pieces as spares.. there are 2 different sizes depending on which cable you're using (ie: android device or apple). You can remove the one thats in the controller by pushing it hard enough to pop it out and put one of your bigger spare ones in... if you want

Have always used it. I have the short black android mini usb cable fitted.
Closing the left arm with it fitted after phone removal, guides the mini usb lead into the purposely placed slot in the base of the RC. This allows the arm to close fully. It then allows for you to remove other RC end of the cable to recharge, in the knowledge that if you open the arm, said cable wont fall out and get lost. I then leave RC end of cable ajar until next use. Open arm and connect S7e phone to correctly pre-positioned cable. Then plug ajar RC end to Launch DJIGo4 android by USB association. Works well for me.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andrefu