DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Small fault with Mini 2

Antaire

Reactions
Just purchased a Mini 2 and the quick transfer button doesn’t seem to want to work . Followed all the tutorials but no luck. Retailer will look at the fault but is it really something you can live with or would you think it’s new and everything should work.

Just purchased a Mini 2 and the quick transfer button doesn’t seem to want to work . Followed all the tutorials but no luck. Retailer will look at the fault but is it really something you can live with or would you think it’s new and everything should work.
If it's new, everything should work. From a business perspective, if you want to sell it in the future, - let's say to get a different drone - it will be harder and you'll probably not get as much as opposed to if everything was working correctly. Also, it's brand new, so everything should work. If I were you, I'd return it and get a replacement.

Reactions: Antaire
It probably just needs a firmware refresh. Is there a DJI customer support phone number for you area? They are very good at walking through and resolving issues, or declaring one of the drones defective. It could be an easy fix or it could be a defective unit. Unless the retailer is local and knowledgeble I think DJI CS is the first thing you should try while you have the drone and your computer all in one place.

Frankly and personally, I have never tried to download a full file to my MOBILE device as it can eat up so much storage memory in a hurry. But then again, my current phone only has 256gb of storage. But since starting with the drone thing, a year ago July, the amount of storage needs on my computer has exploded to the point where I now have 3 internal drives and a few external drives for archiving.

I've never even looked at the function, until now.
I followed the instructions in
and it worked flawlessly for me on a Samsung S6 (Android phone ) running Fly App ver1 .3..... BUT.... in a separate attempt on another S6 running 1.1.3 i.e. a pre Mini 2 version of the App, the second phone did not respond to the drone and it would not bluetooth pair with the drone.
This prompts the question do you have a Fly App version 1.2 or later installed?

What phone do you have and did you have both bluetooth and wifi switched on?

That said what transfer rates are achievable, I saw a 5Mb/s transfer rate, I couldn't be bothered to let it finish the transfer.
When I put the drone's memory card in a reader attached to one of those phones the transfer rate was MUCH higher, I'd guess it was far faster than 20Mb/s. The video it transferred is 2.25Gb and I think the transfer was done in under a minute.....but .....I wasn't paying that much attention, I was happy enough when I saw the %age clicking up fairly quickly.
This prompts the question why waste drone battery to transfer via radio?

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine works about 3 times out of 10. It doesn’t really bother me though. It’s handy occasionally, but it’s just as easy to take the data from the se card.

Its one of those fluffy add-ons that are great when they are working, but you dont miss it when its not working. My thoughts.
Regards

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pocki