DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controller asking for account ?

but in order to register I have to download an app that my 2yr old phone isn't compatible with even tho it's an android device.
No you don't. You just go on the dji.com website and create an account there, then log in with that on the SC.

Reactions: Thomas B
thanks, found it, gonna quit for today, just not getting anywhere with this, I thought it would be easy to just click a register and open an account, but no they can't make it that simple

on forever hold, 57min, forget calling them, even the live chat has limits, email them? yeah like they're going to do anything except collect money.

I have an account, and it opens when I enter DJI's store but the smart controller isn't able to deal with a forgotten password, just keeps me going in a loop.

so the solution, go to online account and change password, now knowing the password works, log out of online account, enter email & new password,

Now the next agreement, and another need to log in to my account to update controller, update aircraft and update battery.

got the go fly box, clicked it, restricted air space, airport 4.8 miles away, went inside, tried to take off, can't needs compass calibration,

I've got three other drones that I can fly with the push of two or less buttons, they only cost a couple of hundred bucks, this one for 15 hundred needs a half hour of updates and agreements to work.
Then to find out I'm 2 tenths of a mile from being able to lift off,

now the controller is doing another update, and then update batteries, so my first fun day of owning a DJI product sux

well I finally found it and it says my device isn't compatible for the app, guess I need a new phone too.

This sux as far as I'm concerned, $1,500 for a drone kit, and it won't work unless I buy a new phone.

Thanks for your help but I think this ones going back and I don't need a dji drone.
When you do the update on the smart controller, it will install the correct fly app for you. Then when you open that app you will need to create a dji account. The fly app in the play store is not the same one you need for the smart controller.

well I finally found it and it says my device isn't compatible for the app, guess I need a new phone too.

This sux as far as I'm concerned, $1,500 for a drone kit, and it won't work unless I buy a new phone.

Thanks for your help but I think this ones going back and I don't need a dji drone.
If you have the Smart Controller- the DJI Fly app should be preinstalled. It may need an update however, but, it will prompt you if it does. That said, you shouldn't need any apps on your phone- if you have the smart controller.

what manual? none provided with the aircraft, none provided with the controller and no paperwork with either to an online source.
Website, product page, downloads... like everything nodadays.

That info and link was already provided to you in post #8 by myself. ;) IF you want the Smart Controller Manual then ...heck with it give me a second and I will do that for you as well.

SC Manual: https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/sma...Smart_Controller_User_Manual_EN_V1.0_0110.pdf
Thanks for hanging in there with me, I knew I'd read it somewhere in the thread but was scanning along so quickly I overlooked it,,,,,,,,

This scenario reminds me of another hobby of mine, astronomy, and in the forums I hang in the beginners forum to help newbie's with their new scopes, filters & mounts, been in that hobby for better than 20yrs, sometimes a hard case, like myself here, comes along and it just takes some time to get the newbie on the right track,

So this morning, after a night of pain meds for my back, I fired up the controller and drone, it asked me to take a survey,,,,,,,,,,, I held my breath and completed it,
Tried to be as honest as I could, just about what I want from my new drone and what I'm planning on using it for.

I have four batteries for it, all new, two have been updated, now today I'm just going to update the other two, read the manual, thank you for the link, again,

Yesterday while going through the initialization, or should I say initiation into the DJI cult,,,,, I did get my first look at the screen with my front yard on it, sharpest I've ever seen it through a camera, and that's why I bought this bird, I live in the Pacific Northwest country side, where most would travel for days just to camp, that's where I live.

I guess in time I'll get this all sorted out, thanks again to those that stuck with me.

Reactions: RMS001 and Thomas B
went to the field today and flew 4 batteries of flight time, no problems, didn't do any real distance trials, did go to max altitude a lot, nice view from up there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

On the last battery the controller was giving me it's low battery warning then the bird chimed in a few seconds later. basically 2hrs on one charge to the controller.

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maviclake