DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Firmware to Work With Mavic Air 2

Alright I bit the bullet and ordered the SC with the MA2. So darn expensive but the convenience this brings will be worth it. Will be waiting patiently for DJI to update the firmware.

I’ve read many positive reviews on it and the fact that I will no longer worry about calls/texts coming in during mid flight is awesome let alone it eliminate the constant setting your phone up with the cable to remote. And 1000nit brightness..nough said.

Reactions: ShannonRawls
Alright I bit the bullet and ordered the SC with the MA2. So darn expensive but the convenience this brings will be worth it. Will be waiting patiently for DJI to update the firmware.

I’ve read many positive reviews on it and the fact that I will no longer worry about calls/texts coming in during mid flight is awesome let alone it eliminate the constant setting your phone up with the cable to remote. And 1000nit brightness..nough said.
I just want to see the screen while in flight. I ordered too. I have a Mac and can't even use simulator. So excited for firmware release.

I just want to see the screen while in flight. I ordered too. I have a Mac and can't even use simulator. So excited for firmware release.

The screen in sunlight blows away everything else I have tried to use, and that alone with a 15 second bootup and no wires makes it worth it.

Things used, Mini 4, Galaxy S10, blah, blah.

Moverio glasses were good, but prone to overheat, slower boot up, and hated the wire to the face.

I have spent a ton of time in various flight sims. Of course the PC version from Microsoft. I even went to the local airport to get expired charts so I could do some IFR, and learn to use the radio. But also logged hours in Canada through a good friend who was admin of a college flight school, and she opened up some of the simulators after hours just for me! Even received some personalized instruction one day, took an hour long flight across BC. I think the hardest thing for me to get used to with the controls on the drone is that in an airplane you push the stick forward to descend. But it is just the opposite with the drone. Something I need to practice to get that out of my head. I found the bubbles and tunnels a challenge to get through. Curious if anyone else has played with this, and how you did? I getting some hours logged even in bad weather, and running my new SC batteries through some cycles.
I have the same problem. After 34,000 hrs in real airplanes, it's hard to change.

Reactions: LeeG
I ordered one too from B&H hearing the two weeks after it is released nonsense getting excited. I don't know if that is going to be anywhere near the reality so returning mine until it is firm and official. No need sitting on an $800 controller just in case. I personally can't stand using my iPhone and also really think the Fly app is beyond lame....as consumer as it gets.

Could always put your phone in Airplane mode so you don’t get text & calls - much cheaper! :p

Could always put your phone in Airplane mode so you don’t get text & calls - much cheaper! :p

I do most of the times but it would be so much nicer not having to do so especially have a wife that relies on your response immediately after a text ?. Then, I would have to shut down the drone just to reply YES to picking up milk on the way home?

I do most of the times but it would be so much nicer not having to do so especially have a wife that relies on your response immediately after a text ?. Then, I would have to shut down the drone just to reply YES to picking up milk on the way home?
Also it's not like they didn't know they were going to release the MA2 when they released the SC last year. They are acting like it just got created and oh we want to make it backwards compatible to the SC. They should have been released together instead of making us who didn't get the M2P/Z wait with a controller that is useless at the moment. Then to add insult you make the Phantom compatible before the MA2.

Also it's not like they didn't know they were going to release the MA2 when they released the SC last year. They are acting like it just got created and oh we want to make it backwards compatible to the SC. They should have been released together instead of making us who didn't get the M2P/Z wait with a controller that is useless at the moment. Then to add insult you make the Phantom compatible before the MA2.
I get your point, but “useless” is a bit harsh!

Are you saying you’d reply to a text while flying?! o_O

I get your point, but “useless” is a bit harsh!
If I don't have a M2P/Z right now what is it good for? Please don't say the apps I can side load because those are already on my phone. I may just return mine as well and get when it is updated. It only took a few days to arrive.

If I don't have a M2P/Z right now what is it good for? Please don't say the apps I can side load because those are already on my phone. I may just return mine as well and get when it is updated. It only took a few days to arrive.
Sorry, my misunderstanding... I thought you were referring to the MA2’s RC.

Reactions: Akademik
If he’s texting while flying, you know he’s texting while driving. I’d rather be around a drunk.

You need to get over self. How do you know I don’t have my kids or somebody with me to answer the texts or a call? Or a Bluetooth headset on for an emergency calls I can answer? Or how do you not know that it is much more convenience when an important call/text come in that it is a lot more simple to just shut down the drone without the hassle of disconnecting the cable and pulling out of the controller to make a call/text?

Back on topic, I just got the SC and now waiting patiently for an update. Just tested the screen brightness out and it is awesome!!?

You’ll be waiting a while...!

Insider info, just being a Debbie Downer?

tenor.gif

Reactions: Akademik
Yeah - care to expand on why you say I’ll be waiting a while. No problem If I will be - just looking for more info. Thanks

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Michael N