DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Firmware to Work With Mavic Air 2

I’ve been tempted to do the same thing. It’s like you get the zoom for around $1000

I got tired of waiting for DJI and 'invested in' a Mavic 2 Zoom that I could fly right away with the Smart Controller I bought to use with the MA2. I'm sure FW will come eventually for the MA2/SC combo, but in the meantime I am loving the Zoom too...and I'm flying a lot more as all I do is switch on the SC and the drone and fly....no more cell phone in the MavMount holder and USB C cables. Game changer for me living in Vermont where there's a lake, mountain or incredible vista around seemingly every corner. Best yet, no one gives darn where you fly pretty much.

Positive message from Dji:

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

I'm happy to tell you that the Smart Remote will soon be compatible with Mavic Air 2. For further information, please follow the DJI website for updates.

sKXlFZVV6hfmf3w2SKIBLJXZnwdsPcSb1HTfQhzlPEMS-HUj9rrjmqyxoCHBT9666Omv1twO_oxV7Ls-4ZiDvB2uRa6-MF31A1P00mZ6ONRWvBfwWMLL1gbkRsH1CIJ_DeE5MvIbT8VcsF91es4ghOo=s0-d-e1-ft

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to let us know.

Thank you for choosing DJI! Have a great day!

Viele Grüße / Best Regards,
Elizabeth Burke
Technical Support
DJI GmbH

Reactions: suade8880
Positive message from Dji:

I'm happy to tell you that the Smart Remote will soon be compatible with Mavic Air 2. For further information, please follow the DJI website for updates.

sKXlFZVV6hfmf3w2SKIBLJXZnwdsPcSb1HTfQhzlPEMS-HUj9rrjmqyxoCHBT9666Omv1twO_oxV7Ls-4ZiDvB2uRa6-MF31A1P00mZ6ONRWvBfwWMLL1gbkRsH1CIJ_DeE5MvIbT8VcsF91es4ghOo=s0-d-e1-ft

Should you have any questions, do not hesitate to let us know.

Thank you for choosing DJI! Have a great day!

Viele Grüße / Best Regards,
Elizabeth Burke
Technical Support
DJI GmbH

Appreciate the update. Unfortunately, it still doesn’t change the fact that we are still waiting for something that could take days, weeks, or months. Would love to get some sort of timeframe.

Appreciate the update. Unfortunately, it still doesn’t change the fact that we are still waiting for something that could take days, weeks, or months. Would love to get some sort of timeframe.
It depends on how you define soon. Soon should not be far in the futureThumbswayup

Reactions: suade8880
It depends on how you define soon. Soon should not be far in the futureThumbswayup

Keeping my hopes up. At the very least it is a lot more promising to be very soon versus “sorry, we have no information on it right now”.?

I am waiting to see if is compatible to buy both units.

Wonder if SC will work with my Eachine EV200d goggles via the hdmi ports? I guess I can buy a SC and return it if it does not work.

I took a chance, and ordered smart controller and MA2. I know support for this is promised to be forthcoming, anyway. Ordered smart controller from Amazon 5/6, fulfilled by VancityUAV, It arrives Thursday 5/14. I ordered MA2 directly from DJI 5/2, it arrives Friday 5/15. Should be a fun weekend coming up!

I have seen other posts saying it is possible to download FLY Android APK (i.e. not via Google app store) to Windows. It is one of the links on the download page. And then it is supposed to be possible to install the APK file on the Smart Controller. No other details given. If true, that would mean it requires a back way to get FLY on the SC. But of course FLY is required for MA2. It is my understanding the GO 4 app already on the controller has been OPTIMIZED for the SC. Purely theory of mine, but my guess is FLY is not yet fully optimized for SC (hence the future release), but may work? I will know soon.

Has anyone else installed FLY on SC?
I did the same as you in June and I am patiently waiting for the update.

sent this a few days ago:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Chewstoke

2020年9月10日 GMT+80:08

I was just about to order the smart controller, but its not compatible with mavic air 2. Will there be an update to make it work ?
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

got this reply:

Mae (DJI Support)
2020年9月11日 GMT+81:07
Dear Customer,

I hope that by receiving my message you are doing well.

We truly appreciate you showing interest in buying the DJI Smart Controller. We understand you would like to know if there will be an update that will happen on it for it to work with the Mavic Air 2. Kindly allow me to assist you with your concern.

With much regret, we do not have information yet if the DJI Smart controller will support the Mavic Air 2 in the near future. I'm very sorry. We would appreciate it if you can stay tuned to the latest news and events by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media:
Facebook: Security Check Required
Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal
YouTube: DJI

Also, you can check some news on this link: What’s New – DJI News, New Products, Reviews, and Stories – DJI.

We're hoping for your kind understanding. Should you have further inquiries on this matter, please feel free to let me know. I'll do my best to help.

I hope you and your family are staying healthy considering the current pandemic gripping the world. Stay out of harm's way.

Thank you for choosing DJI products. Have a nice day and take care!
Best Regards,
Mae
DJI Technical Support
Youtube: DJI Support

Maybe they just wanted to get their SC numbers up, with no intention. The SDK is suppose to release this month, but since they have already pushed back a big press conference to next month who knows.

I understand DJI has committed to updating the Smart Controller to support the Mavic Air 2....Anyone else looking forward to using them together? I guess I'll have to try and get my Samsung Note 9 into the new springy phone holder on top of the new controller until they update the Smart Controller. Hope it fits in its cae.
I have the Note 10+ and it works great!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Danski_inthe_Sky