DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart controller instant save to LAN

Quartertonofun

Reactions
I am looking into recording a high school football game (I am a coach) with my Mini 2 play-by-play (each play is a clip), and somehow get the video files to upload to a shared LAN folder so they can be watched by the other coaches in the booth like instant replay. I do not currently have a smart controller, but will get one if someone can assure me that one of the methods I'm thinking of would work:

1. If the shared LAN folder would show up on the smart controller, and I could save the clips I take directly to it, they would instantly be uploaded via the LAN.
If the usb-c port on the smart controller can be used as an Ethernet port thru a usb-c to Ethernet adapter, I could connect the wire directly to the wifi router running the LAN and maybe use that too, if a shared folder would show up. I am not at all familiar with the capabilities of the controller, and YouTube videos are not being helpful.

2. If the controller's "screen record" videos could be transferred to a PC automatically while flying via a USB cable, they could be copied to the LAN shared folder somehow right away after they are taken. My question on this one - is it possible to transfer files automatically during flight through a USB tether?

3. There are companies that charge $1000+ per year for instant replay like this that use the HDMI out on the smart controller, and must somehow capture the same clips as the drone operator. The kit then sends the clips over its own LAN to whatever screens the coaches are viewing on. If there is some way that you know of that I could do this it might be possible this way.

If anyone could help me figure this out, I would greatly appreciate it. I don't want to pay the $1000 for a smart controller til I know it's doable!

Moved your Thread to a better location. Hope you get your answers

I am looking into recording a high school football game (I am a coach) with my Mini 2 play-by-play (each play is a clip), and somehow get the video files to upload to a shared LAN folder so they can be watched by the other coaches in the booth like instant replay. I do not currently have a smart controller, but will get one if someone can assure me that one of the methods I'm thinking of would work:

1. If the shared LAN folder would show up on the smart controller, and I could save the clips I take directly to it, they would instantly be uploaded via the LAN.
If the usb-c port on the smart controller can be used as an Ethernet port thru a usb-c to Ethernet adapter, I could connect the wire directly to the wifi router running the LAN and maybe use that too, if a shared folder would show up. I am not at all familiar with the capabilities of the controller, and YouTube videos are not being helpful.

2. If the controller's "screen record" videos could be transferred to a PC automatically while flying via a USB cable, they could be copied to the LAN shared folder somehow right away after they are taken. My question on this one - is it possible to transfer files automatically during flight through a USB tether?

3. There are companies that charge $1000+ per year for instant replay like this that use the HDMI out on the smart controller, and must somehow capture the same clips as the drone operator. The kit then sends the clips over its own LAN to whatever screens the coaches are viewing on. If there is some way that you know of that I could do this it might be possible this way.

If anyone could help me figure this out, I would greatly appreciate it. I don't want to pay the $1000 for a smart controller til I know it's doable!
I capture the hdmi using a video capture card. I use OBS (free) software to import the captured video as a virtual camera. You can record the video for later playback, and or stream RTMP from OBS to an installed LAN Video server. I use MONA Server (free). Clients on the same wifi (coaches) who have the server url and another piece of free software - VLC Player, can then access the server and view the video, live or playback, which you are streaming.
Hope this helps.
Blue Skies!

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
skydiver75thgrp