DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller > MAVIC 2 Air ???

GMAN007

Reactions
Advance apologies if there are prior threads re: my inquiry. Any intel updates on DJI modifying the firmware for the Smart Controller to work with the MAVIC 2 Air ? I suspect Occusync 2.0 (between 2.4GHz and 5.8GHz) is causing the delay ? Thoughts ?

Last edited:
Searching for “smart controller” in the Mavic Air 2 Discussion section will yield multiple prior threads: Search results for query: Smart controller

An upcoming, highly-anticipated MA2 firmware revision will eventually get these two things working together, but no date has been announced yet. We are certain to see multiple announcement threads once that magic firmware is released. :)

Ocusync isn’t likely the issue, but ....

DJI Fly (the Air 2’s app) requires a 64-bit version of Android OS. I believe (and will check tomorrow) that the build on the Smart Controller is currently 32-bit.

The Smart Controller is fully 64-bit capable (unlike the CrystalSky which is not) - it has a 64-bit CPU. Just needs the OS rebuilt for 64-bitness.

I believe that’s the major stumbling blocK.

I'm sure DJI will just wait for the initial hype to die down and for sales to dwindle a bit and then, as if by Mavic (get it?), they'll introduce the Smart controller option

Ocusync isn’t likely the issue, but ....

DJI Fly (the Air 2’s app) requires a 64-bit version of Android OS. I believe (and will check tomorrow) that the build on the Smart Controller is currently 32-bit.

The Smart Controller is fully 64-bit capable (unlike the CrystalSky which is not) - it has a 64-bit CPU. Just needs the OS rebuilt for 64-bitness.

I believe that’s the major stumbling blocK.

I am not questioning your 64bit vs 32bit theory although one would think DJI knows all this before saying the MA2 will work with the smart controller with a future firmware update!

I just downloaded the new version of the Fly app and installed it on the smart controller. Installation was smooth and app can be started. Unfortunately I do not have a MA2 or MM and therefore cannot test them.

Can someone who has a suitable drone and the smart controller verify that?

Would be great, then I'll get myself a MA2 ..

Version 1.1.6 is already available via APKMIRROR for Android.

apkmirror.com/wp-content/theme…r/download.php?id=1405247

Download the APK and save it on an SC card. Install the SD card in the smart controller and the APK via the file manager.

Reactions: AnzacJack
I just downloaded the new version of the Fly app and installed it on the smart controller. Installation was smooth and app can be started. Unfortunately I do not have a MA2 or MM and therefore cannot test them.

Can someone who has a suitable drone and the smart controller verify that?

Would be great, then I'll get myself a MA2 ..

Version 1.1.6 is already available via APKMIRROR for Android.

apkmirror.com/wp-content/theme…r/download.php?id=1405247

Download the APK and save it on an SC card. Install the SD card in the smart controller and the APK via the file manager.
Installed 1.1.6 on my SC - will not open

DJI Fly unable to start normally without resource file. Exit and Stop download ?
option cancel or confirm
Cancel = white screen
Confirm = back to "desktop"

Installed 1.1.6 on my SC - will not open

DJI Fly unable to start normally without resource file. Exit and Stop download ?
option cancel or confirm
Cancel = white screen
Confirm = back to "desktop"
I got the same result when I tried to install it.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaleUt.