DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smart Controller Updates

Martysticks

Reactions
Question for all here with more knowledge of the SC than I have :)

I currently own a Mavic Air 1 and a Mavic Pro Platinum. For both of these I currently use an IPAD for my monitor, but have also used my IPHONE 8. In other words, I have always been an IOS user for my drones.

I'm currently looking at the purchase of a Mavic 2 Zoom (or possibly Pro) with the Smart Controller. I will like having the ability of not having a second monitor device, a cable and a mounting bracket. I also like the feature of having screen recordings built in (yes, I know I can screen record on my IPAD).

OK, I see the Smart Controller is based on Android, yet I have read lots of posts about DJI drones being made for IOS devices. Is there any concern here? Is the controller locked into that OS version or can it be updated?

Also, is the SC capable of being updated with, say, a new version of DJI Go 4, or are you stuck with the release that's pre-installed.

Thanks;

Marty

locked to an optimized version of android for the Smart Controller, GO4 can be updated, it was updated to the .36 version a week or so ago along with the .700 firmware for the SC. I used to run a 9/10inch I pad and thought I might not be happy with the smaller screen but its a non issue for me, didn't notice the smaller size anymore after a few flights and its so much easier to get up and fly, switch the drone on, switch the controller on and your good to go, no faffing around with cables and mounts, also added this after a while,

Last edited:
I also have the Feel World 729S monitor with my SC. That is an amazing monitor at 2,200nits, nothing else comes close to it. And it can be bought new for around $235. I bought the mount on ebay from a guy making 3 D printed mounts for $44. A great set up for days when I need a really bright sun day viewable screen.

Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tflys78