DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

Smooth Video Playback - this may help you

Phoenix Drone

Reactions
I have always used VLC. At resolutions above 1080p, and at any frame rate, and just using H.264, I have a little bit of stuttering video.

My notebook is 5 years old but was a powerhouse at the time- Asus G75, Samsung 860 EVO SSD, 16GB, i7-3610QM @ 2.3GHz, nVidia GTX 660M 2GB (a little old on the graphics card). My rendered video looks great on my Samsung 4K TV but the notebook had trouble keeping up on playback. I even tweaked the VLC codec cache. Still not good enough for me.

Recently I tried FastStone Image Viewer and it is totally smooth now! Give it a try and let me know if you got the same result.

Last edited:
You, sir, are a hero, I have been having real issues with playback to the point I thought it was the Mavic. I have been using vlc and since I just tried FastStone all the lag and jitter has stopped!!!

Reactions: mereflyer
I get next to no stuttering using FastStone Image Viewer, but do with both VLC and MPC. I guess it depends on the system. I actually donated $20 to FastStone because it really helped smooth the video.

Reactions: mereflyer

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twixer_bear