DJI Mavic, Air and Mini Drones
Friendly, Helpful & Knowledgeable Community
Join Us Now

GarenT24

Reactions
I always liked shooting photos in the snow, so I thought the view from my MP could look just as cool, so I waited for a fresh blanket of snow to hit Chicago area and headed up!

Thanks for looking!
-Garen

Alone:
I'm always a sucker for negative space in photos, so this was an easy one!

alone.jpg
Honoring a fallen brother:
I was flying and saw this really interesting composition in the middle of a large forest preserve. To me it looked like all the trees in the area had come and surrounded this fallen tree to honor his life! Funeral for a fallen soldier.jpg
Slip sliding away...
Vroom.jpg

I love the vastness of nature Vs. size of man contrast here with the tiny cross country skier making his way along the path.Ski1.jpg

Reactions: zwt100 and mcascone
Very nice - Always loved an overhead snow shot.

23lbg45.jpg

Any unique settings to use with the snow? I'm going to do some flying in Colorado next week so it will be the first time shooting in the mountains with snow.

Any unique settings to use with the snow? I'm going to do some flying in Colorado next week so it will be the first time shooting in the mountains with snow.
Nothing major, only thing that comes to mind is that you usually have to dial in some OVER exposure! I know it seems really counter intuitive and not sure of your photo knowledge/background, but the cameras exposure is always trying to get you to 18% grey, which is great most of the time, except if the whole scene is white! So it sees all that white and tries to underexpose and it ends up making the snow look muddy and grey, so in order to make the snow look white you have to dial in some quick exposure compensation(which BTW is why I hate the Mavic Air, the spin dial for Exp. comp is not there!) Also it's good to always check the histogram to make sure your not completely blowing things out(graph off the right side)

Reactions: jbar55
Lycus Tech Mavic Air 3 Case

DJI Drone Deals

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vanillasky